Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 11:36 PM

Re: When Out And About, Do You Ever Meet Unusual People?

Good, it takes a lot to rattle Spitty lately.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 11:40 PM

I think it's my shy "wouldn't hurt a fly" demeanour....
but BOY I'm one, big, nutter magnet
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 11:45 PM

60+, simple is the order of the day.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 11:46 PM

I sympathise so much Art!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

11-01-2020, 11:48 PM

Girl Power.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
The 'samphire man' .

http://lot-images.atgmedia.com/SR/35...47_468x382.jpg
Nothing unusual about Samphire - it is delicious! Shame it has such a short season - the farmed stuff is not the same at all.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I think it's my shy "wouldn't hurt a fly" demeanour....
but BOY I'm one, big, nutter magnet
Rhian, So you can understand what l mean?
I think, l could write a book on the stories l’ve been told by strangers! Maybe, they think l am Claire Rayner!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Good, it takes a lot to rattle Spitty lately.
Spitty, Do you shake and roll as well as rattle?

The more l know you, the more l get like you!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2020, 12:18 AM

when we are sitting down on a prom in bexhill or hastings I often start chatting to those in wheelchairs as well as other people. I am always amazed how cheerful they are even having gone through terrible times, either health wise or fighting. Some of the stories when they open up a bit really makes you understand . I think a lot of people ignore them which is a shame because they are most interesting
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2020, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Honestly, l don’t deliberately go out on a normal day to meet ‘Unusual’ people but for some reason, l always do!
So there l was, panicking because l couldn’t find my credit card in my bag after making a purchase. I needed it to return an electric toothbrush which was unsuitable.

It was only when l tried to pay for another purchase that l found my credit card wasn’t in my bag.
Leaving the shop in a shopping mall, l headed for a seat so l could search my bag for the card.

There was one seat left next to a man and l started to rummage.
Next thing, he starts to talk. He was killing time after dropping off his daughter who was a PE teacher who had an injury and couldn’t drive. If she missed this examination she was adjudicating, she would lose her £500 fee.

Next, he was telling me about his brother who had worked with Asbestos and died. His wife used his compensation to buy three houses and was renting them out, she was currently jumping from island to island in Antigua.
Their son was killed in a car accident caused by a traveller running him off the road and his girlfriend had no memory since.
This is all being told to me whilst l was taking my shopping bag apart looking for my credit card!
He told me he was 72, divorced, lived in a four bed house and had lots of girlfriends but they were grasping for his money!
He was a joker and said, he’d been a comedian under the name of Richard Scratcher. He then winked and said, ‘What’s short for Richard?’
Honestly, you couldn’t make it up! Plus, l still couldn’t find my credit card which l found in my other coat at home.

Do you meet ‘unusual’ people like this on a normal day in your town?
Thats the last time I will tell you my life story.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top