Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2020, 11:44 PM

Re: Hey ... The Wind Is Getting Up!

There are 79 flood alerts so far.

You can check where the present flood warnings are here:

https://flood-warning-information.se...ov.uk/warnings
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2020, 11:55 PM

I understand from OH that the storm will really hit tomorrow. He's usually spot on with the weather but let's see what happens.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2020, 11:58 PM

The strong winds are due to hit us around 2.00pm tomorrow.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I understand from OH that the storm will really hit tomorrow. He's usually spot on with the weather but let's see what happens.

Yes, that's what they are saying here, too Annie - around lunchtime.

Whoops, sorry Mags.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, that's what they are saying here, too Annie - around lunchtime.

Whoops, sorry Mags.
It looks like you will be sending the wind down to us Mups!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Not my biggest coat, it's not that cold yet . I was only thinking walking home from the shops today about the severe winters I've got through, trudging through snowdrifts higher that London buses for example .
Incidentally only a man could answer ..... what's this fashion amongst men to be going about this weather barelegged in knee length shorts?
That gets to me as well.

I remember when I went to school, I yearned to be a couple of years older so that I could 'graduate' from short pants to long pants.

It seems now that when some blokes reach a certain age they revert to what they wore as a young child!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
Better going out in knee length shorts than kilt up here at the moment.
Strangely, when I wear my kilt, even in freezing weather (on the way to dancing), my legs and naughty bits never seem to feel the cold.

I suppose it helps by wearing long socks and, as for 'higher up', I assume it's because warm air rises and the kilt keeps it in.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 12:30 AM

Bugger the wind. Finally, there's a forecast to get excited about.

Widespread rainfall is expected for the east coast of the country, including the firegrounds, starting tomorrow and lasting into the weekend.

Over the four-day period between Thursday and Sunday, the Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) said it was possible for accumulated rainfall totals of 30-80mm across the east of Australia.

The heavy falls are most likely about the ranges, with isolated daily totals in excess of 50mm underneath any storms that form.

As well as possibly dampening the fires, this rain could reduce the chance of new ones forming.

Over the last few months a series of dry frontal systems have swept across parched southern Australia, generating dry lightning and new fires.

The northern monsoon has finally arrived. Exciting eh?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-...ounds/11862878
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

14-01-2020, 12:35 AM

At last! Thank goodness for that Bruce, everyone will be outdoors in the rain celebrating!

I truly hope you have enough rain to dampen most, if not all, the fires.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 12:39 AM

I do hope it pours down in the places that are hit by bush fires, Bruce. Fingers crossed for you.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top