Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jan
Scotland
Jan is female  Jan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2009, 10:18 PM

Re: Oooooo...what a quandary

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
I'm sorry I don't agree with not charging a fair amount. Not meanness but when they move out (again) they will have no concept of the cost of living etc. Charge now but if you can afford to save it and handed it back to them to help with a deposit or setting up costs of their own home. Getting use to the idea that money is for the necessities and what is left over is for holidays and enjoyment is part of life’s lessons.
This seems a good idea.
If she's been used to living away from home she'll be used to paying her way. She may not be happy to feel that you're subsidising her. If you can afford, it why not put some of the money aside and give her a bit of help when she moves on again?
plainjane
Worcs
plainjane is female 

29-08-2009, 10:25 PM

Thanks all for your thoughts...its certainly given me something to think about......and VM the dogs are neither pets or business.
Lou
UK
Lou is female  Lou has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2009, 11:05 PM

What a lovely daughter you have Just ask her what she'd like to pay x
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2009, 02:54 PM

I agree with VM. I admit that I had a bit of an uphill struggle with my M&D about paying a third of the bills. They said they'd still have to pay them if I weren't there, but I said they'd paid for me all my life and I wanted and was happy to pay my fair share. It made me feel that I was a worthwhile member of the family and not scrounging off them.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top