Join for free
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2009, 07:20 PM

The British Standards Industry

Do you remember the kite mark on your goods ? what ever happened to that ? the company where I worked had a hard job obtaining it, if you manufacture anything you have to have strict quality control, every action during manufacture of the product has to be by the book so to speak, and the book has all the procedures in detail.

We were the first petrochemical company in Scotland to get the kite mark.
Every product we made was of the same standard, customers could count on the quality being the same in every batch.

So how can't I get the same rolls every morning from the shop, I get them over baked one morning or under baked the next, wouldn't it be great to get standardised rolls every day, and it aint just rolls, if you like something and go back a few days later to get more it's always different innit.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2009, 08:35 PM

Re: The British Standards Industry

Well you know the answer Nero... get yourself a bread making machine thingy

I actually think standards are higher now - thanks to European legislation. A lot more that needs to be done though, like making food manufacturers declare 100% of the ingredients !!!!!!!!!!!!! (At the mo if it's less than 25% they don't have to! )

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top