Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2017, 11:13 PM

Re: US judge blocks Trump Immigration order

Or even his own personal bank? Maybe he is only in it for the short term, he is a businessman not a politician ...
To ensure he keeps his power long enough to successfully smash-and-grab, he needs to remove as many check-and-balances as possible. Narrowing down the number of people he deals with is also a wise move, because it decreases the number of people able to check or balance.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2017, 01:26 AM

No I don't think so. I saw a you tube clip of him from years ago where he was talking about becoming president and sorting the US out if nobody else did it soon. This was in the early '90s. So I think his heart is 100% in it perhaps more so than some of his predecessors. Just that his approach is unorthodox and individualistic. I mean it's not like he needs more money does he?
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2017, 09:35 AM

I still think that his power is far from absolute. The Founding Fathers deliberately introduced various checks and balances to prevent the type of absolute power that had led to the American Revolution in the first place.

Soon I will see if I am right about this. Trump needs to challenge the judge in the law courts. If he loses, the Constitution is safe. If, on reflection, he doesn’t challenge the ruling it will mean that he has grown up just a little.
Cam
USA
Cam is female  Cam has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2017, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Surely Trump can't sack the judge?

Wouldn't that be unconstitutional?
A federal judge, such as the one in this case, cannot be "fired." He or she can only be removed via impeachment by the Congress. What is happening is that the Department of Justice, which is part of of the Executive Branch, is appealing the judge's decision. It will most likely land in the Supreme Court's lap.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2017, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Meep ->
U.S. Judge Temporarily Blocks Trump Immigration Order Nationwide. .....
Regardless of all the posts since this OP,
fact is that Trump cannot continue as some sort of all-powerful demi-god.
The Senate and the Congress and the judiciary will bare their teeth.

If this clown is still in that position one year from now,
I will give Morty, Muddy and Twink a big sloppy kiss on the lips.
And nobody could imagine a punishment worse than that !
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2017, 04:29 PM

That's a bit sexist....but...what if..he controls all arms of the country..he seems to be putting people into positions in order to secure his dictatorship?
Shadowman
Wisconsin, USA
Shadowman is male  Shadowman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2017, 04:37 PM

Some of the news this morning indicated the Vice President Mike Pence was hedging his bets with the law and judges. Maybe a coup is at hand. In past presidents, pronouncements of the sort Trump is throwing out the president always had legal experts review before putting them out. Trump has surrounded himself with 'Yes Men' so he gets no objective advice.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2017, 04:54 PM

So Shadowman why do you think that a large proportion of the American public including the black community and women voted for Trump ?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2017, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
So Shadowman why do you think that a large proportion of the American public including the black community and women voted for Trump ?

Because the majority of Americans are politically inept!!!
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2017, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Regardless of all the posts since this OP,
fact is that Trump cannot continue as some sort of all-powerful demi-god.
The Senate and the Congress and the judiciary will bare their teeth.

If this clown is still in that position one year from now,
I will give Morty, Muddy and Twink a big sloppy kiss on the lips.
And nobody could imagine a punishment worse than that !
Book marked.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top