Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2017, 04:01 PM

Re: Scotland, time to let go?

Honestly, the woman lives in La La Land!
What doesn't she understand? The people of Scotland had their Independence Referendum and the Scottish electorate voted to stay within the Union. End of!

She will use any form of excuse to try to overturn this result, even though Scotland's economy has never looked increasingly unhealthier, their oil revenue scraping the barrel, being informed by the EU that they would not accept Scotland into the club because they are not an independent country, they are part of the United Kingdom, and even if they were to become an independent country, Spain would veto their inclusion because of the risk of their own Basque territory wanting the same independence!
Yet this delusional woman carries on with the same old boring mantra as if she is holding a gun to our head. I think she is really pathetic and hopefully the Scottish electorate will show her the door at the next elections.

There is of course also the fact that it is only because of the unfair Barnett Formula and a large portion of English taxes that enables Scotland to fund such luxuries as free University places for everyone in the world except the English!

Where, if she actually managed to get her pie in the sky wish, does she think the missing funds would come from.
There would be no more holding Nanny Englands apron strings, Scotland would be on her own with her new Euro currency and the begging bowl forever out to her new masters, the EU.

Thankfully, I believe the canny Scots are too wise and knowing to ever let the Fish woman have her way so I guess for now we will have to continue to listen to her stupid blustering, grandstanding, pathetic threats calling for a new Independence Referendum.

As I said. the woman lives in La La Land. I just feel so sorry for the Scottish people.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2017, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Scotland voted overwhelmingly for Nicola and the SNP.

That is Democracy, I have no issue with it at all.

Nicola, the Democratically elected leader of Scotland is totally opposed to Brexit.

So be it, let her have her Referendum, but this time, the rest of the UK should have its' Referendum.

Do we want Scotland, under Sturgeon to stay?

It will be interesting, to say the least.
It was a decision by the Scottish people to stay with the UK, and I'm pleased they did. If they should at a later date decide otherwise, then let them go if that is the overall majority. However, depending on Scotland's support for Mrs Fish, she may only be a 5 min wonder, as happens with all politicians. With that in mind, she, as she blows her all encompassing bagpipes at the moment, may just take off into oblivion , never to be heard of again !
I think the job prospects are looking glum for many, once we leave the EU. Where will they all pile up when having to battle for jobs, like the rest of our population has had to for so long ? Oh ! Maybe a few more 'Foundation Trusts ' might be the answer.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2017, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Scotland, Wales and England are all part of this island, and I would be sorry to see them go. If they decide to leave because it will be better for the people of Scotland, I would understand, but I don't think it will be! I suspect they will be encouraged to leave by a power hungry politician, who is motivated by her own personal needs , rather than those of the Scottish people.
Now just who does that remind me of?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2017, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Scotland, Wales and England are all part of this island, and I would be sorry to see them go. If they decide to leave because it will be better for the people of Scotland, I would understand, but I don't think it will be! I suspect they will be encouraged to leave by a power hungry politician, who is motivated by her own personal needs , rather than those of the Scottish people.

Listen to yourself!!! - such arrogance!!! - I repeat, its NOT YOUR decision, but solely that of the Scottish people, and whether they are encouraged to vote appropriately by a politician, they are old enough and intelligent enough to understand the issue and the consequences without your intervention.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2017, 04:18 PM

I Agree with Shropshiregirl she's had a go once lost and if they did leave where would the money come from

Oh Silly me she'd go to RBS
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2017, 04:24 PM

YAWN!!...Same old same old....You Englanders seem to concern Yourselves more about this issue on here than We Scotlanders do,how sweet of You.....but I think it would be a big worry for the UK Government if Scotland ever in the future DOES become independent because They'd be afraid Wales would follow suit...Which would be a win win situation for all You Englanders because it would mean You too would be totally independent not only from the EU,but from the rest of the UK too...woohoo...You'll get everything You want then...erm...won't You?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2017, 04:43 PM

May, I can't help noticing that you are being rather unkind with your comments about "You Englanders.

I haven't read one post on here insulting the Scottish people, only Nicola Sturgeon, and as she as a politician and her party the SNP are paid with taxes in part by those of us from the south of Hadrian's wall, as well as the Scottish electorate, I think that gives us the right to comment on her words and actions.

She is not a popular woman quite rightly, neither are the SNP politicians who are forever crying gimme, gimme, gimme, and once our stupid government gives, it's forever more, more, more. Yet even after this, although we have no say with SNP decisions, they continue to play the spite card and do everything to disrupt the English voting in Parliament. Now that may suit you but it just causes resentment this side, not towards the Scottish people but towards the Fish woman and her party.

Unfortunately you appear to believe that everyone is having a go at the Scottish people if we ever comment about it. I'm sorry that you feel that way when you have already been informed on many occasions that this is not so.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

06-02-2017, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Listen to yourself!!! - such arrogance!!! - I repeat, its NOT YOUR decision, but solely that of the Scottish people, and whether they are encouraged to vote appropriately by a politician, they are old enough and intelligent enough to understand the issue and the consequences without your intervention.
Now go and stand in the corner and then 100 lines Twink!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2017, 05:12 PM

Hi

May, I do not see it as bashing the people of Scotland , just absolutely fed up with Nicola and Salmond constantly telling us what to do, demanding Brexit be stopped etc etc.. threatening to use Parliamentary time to frustrate the process.

The pair of them are intensely annoying.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2017, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
UJ you want to try reading posts properly before you respond. My post was an emotional feeling that I would be sad to lose Scotland. I said I would understand them doing so, if it was better for the people of Scotland, and just expressed an opinion that I didn't think it would be.
I did not try to intervene or influence their opinions, I just gave my opinion on Nicola Sturgeon. If you see that as arrogance, then I suggest you look at your own constant attacks on "the nasty party" which continually try to influence others opinions!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top