Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2017, 12:06 PM

Re: John Bercow MP

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Constitutionally the only way to get rid of him as speaker is for him to retire or leave of his own decision. That or murder I guess.

Odd any government job can't be withdrawn are there any others like that anyone know ?
I seem to recall the previous speaker to the pipsqueak was one Michael Martin, MP for Glasgow, who was forced to resign as Speaker because of stories relating to the expenses scandal, according to him, "harmful to his family".
I'm sure if enough pressure were to be placed on Bercow, we could see the last of him as Speaker.

Bring back Betty Boothroyde!!!!: she was highly respected by all MP's, knew how to do the job and even more importantly, she knew how to control the rabble.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2017, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I seem to recall the previous speaker to the pipsqueak was one Michael Martin, MP for Glasgow, who was forced to resign as Speaker because of stories relating to the expenses scandal, according to him, "harmful to his family".
I'm sure if enough pressure were to be placed on Bercow, we could see the last of him as Speaker.

Bring back Betty Boothroyde!!!!: she knew how to control the rabble. mrgreen:
I agree. The trouble with Bercow is, he IS the rabble.

There's a nice article about him in the Mail today.
Bladypen
New Member!
Yorkshire
Bladypen is female 

08-02-2017, 12:35 PM

Anything Bercow said was out of order he should consider his position. It won't make any difference anyway, we need America, and Trump is a breath of fresh air. He's doing what he promised in his manifesto, we just aren't used to people in government keeping to their promises.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2017, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bladypen ->
Anything Bercow said was out of order he should consider his position. It won't make any difference anyway, we need America, and Trump is a breath of fresh air. He's doing what he promised in his manifesto, we just aren't used to people in government keeping to their promises.

And getting slapped down by the American courts for attempting to do so, since it was (and is) unconstitutional !!!

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top