Join for free
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 12:34 PM

Possible 2nd Scottish Referendum

Someone should point out to the SNP that when we finally leave the EU, we do not intend paying a large divorce fee. Let them ponder over that for a while.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 02:48 PM

Re: Possible 2nd Scottish Referendum

Can we have another Scottish independence referendum, please?

I've nothing against the Scots; indeed we have several Scottish friends and family members.

I have heard that the majority of Scots want to remain part of the UK, although the majority also want to remain in the EU. As the majority of the entire UK voting public have decided to leave the EU, surely it is not possible for the Scots to do both.

The SNP comprises the vast majority of Scottish MPs in Westminster and, presumably, the majority of the Scottish votes in the last GE must therefore have been for SNP candidates, so I'm not entirely sure of how the majority of Scots really feel about the future of their country.

For that reason, I'd be happy if they could show their true feelings, once and for all, in a binding referendum:

"Do you wish to remain in the UK and leave the EU, or do you wish to leave the UK and apply for EU membership?"

Should that happen, I wonder how the vote would go.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 02:56 PM

I'm beginning to think our countries (UK) have more money than we have been led to believe. These referenda cost a bomb better to spend it on things we need I would have thought rather than split the countries further.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 03:58 PM

The fish lady and her minions, pumped up under an illusion of their own self importance are surely the only fanatics who believe they could exist alone? Let her have her referendum, she has already overplayed that hand, so the sooner her bluff is called the better.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 05:20 PM

I think she's scored an own goal.

As previously said, Scottish MP's want to be included in the negotiations for Brexit. Complaining because they are not getting enough representation, and at the same time threatening another referendum to stay with Europe.

She's placed them in not a very secure position . Silly fish !

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top