Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2014, 09:56 AM

When was the last time....

You went for a swim?

It's the best all round exercise you can get. Even people with arthritis & other problems can benefit. I make full use of my local pool and am off for a swim later this morning. Just recovering from a broken ankle I feel it's the only exercise I can do.
Before my accident I used to regularly swim 32 lengths (half a mile) twice a week ... Don't think I will manage that today but going to try.

Do you swim?
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2014, 10:02 AM

Re: When was the last time....

Its been years Carol since I went for a swim.

I can swim but got to admit don't like the bit between leaving the locker room to get into the pool and then back out again. I am very self conscious about my body weight.

Also because I am not a strong swimmer if anyone comes near me swimming and splashes me I get panicky.

I prefer to go out walking.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2014, 10:14 AM

I swam in the sea in July before the jellyfish swarmed in. I keep thinking about joining a local leisure centre to start swimming regularly again and may do so this winter. Seems a bit silly when the sea is on my doorstep, but at least there are no jellyfish in the pool!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2014, 10:44 AM

I like a swim round the pool during the hot summer months, but I work on the "ooh" system, ankles, knees, waist, if there´s an "ooh" at waist level I´m out I don´t like going in the sea, never know what´s lurking in there, but we have our own pool, which quite honestly is a waste of money these days and gets used more by visitors or friends than us.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2014, 11:07 AM

Like you Carol I used to do around 30 lengths a couple of times a week, but I started to get a lot of cramp in my calves so I had to stop eventually, but I do miss it...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2014, 11:39 AM

I love a good swim, the last time I swam was a couple of weeks ago with the two grandkids in a local pool, the pool had been closed for a few years due to cutbacks on maintinance, now it’s up and running again and I’ll be using it whenever I can.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2014, 11:57 AM

not so long back, we belong to a health club which has a swimming pool.
it is good exercise and I like it[most times, except when sometimes the pool gets a bit crowded or you get one who insists on thrashing up and down the pool, and splashing everyone . Usually a man I am afraid.]

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2014, 12:42 PM

Unfortunately I never learned to swim and it's too late for me to try now as any twist of my body will put my back out. It didn't stop me from wading into the sea to waist level and having fun with my grandchildren a few weeks ago though
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2014, 12:46 PM

I go every morning Monday to Friday. I love it. I do half an hour non stop swimming then have a lovely hot shower
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2014, 12:49 PM

I did get a swim about 4 months ago. One of the deciding factors in buying my new place was that it is 5 minutes walk away from the leisure centre-ie gym,sauna and pool. With luck I will be a member in time to get a bit fitter before Christmas

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top