Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2014, 05:25 PM

Re: Electronic cigarettes

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Vaporisers 'are' a good alternative, no smell or smoke to annoy ex smokers
For me it is doing something I never thought I'd do Patsy - I could quite easily become a non-smoker now, (no vaporisor), and that's an achievement in itself.

It's all well and good people saying "go cold Turkey" and "I did an so can you!" but we are not all the same when it comes down to smoking.

It was almost a glamorous thing when I was younger; the celebs all smoked, the rock stars smoked, the film stars all smoked, it was THE socially-acceptable "pastime" but we all knew it was a fallacy and built on sand didn't we?
Perhaps we didn't though but it was there - the evidence - yet we ignored it, like we ignored the pollution warnings.

I go into work @ about 07:15 and the FIRST thing I notice now is that the blue haze that used to see in 1986 - 1988 on the same journey is no longer there and I don't hear sparrows coughing either! stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2014, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
For me it is doing something I never thought I'd do Patsy - I could quite easily become a non-smoker now, (no vaporisor), and that's an achievement in itself.

It's all well and good people saying "go cold Turkey" and "I did an so can you!" but we are not all the same when it comes down to smoking.

It was almost a glamorous thing when I was younger; the celebs all smoked, the rock stars smoked, the film stars all smoked, it was THE socially-acceptable "pastime" but we all knew it was a fallacy and built on sand didn't we?
Perhaps we didn't though but it was there - the evidence - yet we ignored it, like we ignored the pollution warnings.

I go into work @ about 07:15 and the FIRST thing I notice now is that the blue haze that used to see in 1986 - 1988 on the same journey is no longer there and I don't hear sparrows coughing either! stevmk2
Like Jim - I enjoy my ciggie
Yes it was socially acceptable now its not, but still we get it in the neck when we switch to the vaporiser, which is a very pleasant alternative for all concerned ....
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2014, 05:47 PM

I use an electronic ciggie too and have been since 1st August - not had a real ciggie since.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2014, 05:53 PM

Thank Goodness!

No hysterical anti-smoking rants!

Thre's still hope for us all then..........stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2014, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
Thank Goodness!

No hysterical anti-smoking rants!

Thre's still hope for us all then..........stevmk2
Give it time - you speak in haste

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top