Join for free
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2014, 11:48 AM

Contact lenses

I started wearing contact lenses around 6 years ago and have never looked back (no pun intended). I just didn't want to wear glasses all the time. I still have my varifocals to use inbetween times.

Which do you prefer?
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2014, 11:57 AM

Re: Contact lenses

Contact lenses.

I've worn them for over 40 years!! I had a brief spell of wearing glasses (about 30 years ago!) but soon went back.

I would add that they are not the same 40 year old pair. I have had a few "upgrades" since then.

Mine are hard ones. I was told at the time that my eyes were the wrong shape for soft ones. Whether that's still the same 40 years on I don't know, but I am happy with the ones I've got.

I do wear glasses, over my lenses, for reading and using my laptop.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2014, 12:43 PM

Tried lenses years ago, once put two in the one eye ! (distracted for a minute) Anyway, I had trouble getting the things out - wore meself to a frazzle - so glasses for me, when I need them
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2014, 12:48 PM

I, stupidly, wore my lenses on a flight back from New York, fell asleep on the flight. Woke up with my lenses practically stuck to my eyes. Had to attend the eye clinic at the hospital as I'd gouged a bit of the cornea out when taking the lens out . Had to attend the eye clinic every day for a week. The stupidest thing I've ever done and won't make that mistake again. It didn't make me change my mind about wearing them.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top