Join for free
Page 504 of 754 « First < 4 404 454 494 502 503 504 505 506 514 554 604 > Last »
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 02:33 PM

Re: Over 50's Club Scotland (part 3)

Good afternoon. No sun here yet so far. Been catching up on housework and will have to do some ironing. No TV here at the moment something to do with the signal.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 07:48 PM

Evenin' all,didn't get the grass cut after all as it turned cold & cloudy in the afternoon and it's freezing now,

I've just heard of The 1st case of COVID-19 in Glasgow and I'm sure there will be many many more cases before the Month's out...I'm getting a bit jittery now it's in My Home City ....Just staying put for the time being as I've no need to go anywhere until Monday,...take care Lassies xx
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 08:56 PM

Evening, Another nice day here so caught up with washing, tomorrow is to be nice as well so make the most of it as by Saturday the wind and rain are to return........ Sigh.
I too am feeling uneasy about this damn virus it's gathering pace now, I was at Tesco this morning after the pool for the messages but couldn't find a kitchen/bathroom wipe anywhere as they had flown off the shelves as soon as they came in, there were several other gaps too. If this keeps up then certain things should be rationed I think.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2020, 08:37 AM

Good morning Each,a coldy frosty one here at the minute,but will wrap up and go out for a yomp...not bothered about hand wipes as I found 8 pairs
of gloves I've rarely ever worn in a drawer,so I'll wear a pair each time I go
to the shops or on a bus then put them in the wash as soon as I come Home,
in the meantime here's the song to sing when Your washing Yer hands
in hot soapy water.

Hark, when the night is falling

Hear, hear the pipes are calling

Loudly and proudly calling

Down through the Glen.

There where the hills are sleeping

Now feel the blood a-leaping

High as the spirits

Of the old highland men.

Towering in gallant fame

Scotland my mountain hame

High may your proud standards

Gloriously wave!

Land of my high endeavor

Land of the shining river

Land of my heart forever

Scotland the brave!

Have a good one Lassies
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

06-03-2020, 12:14 PM

Popped into the Co-op after My walk for crispy rolls and noticed there are piles of toilet rolls there,so bought a pack...just in case..
The only time I've ever used hand wipes was when on holiday in Greece where Their hygiene was beyond the pale...
(pail being the operative word)
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 10:00 AM

Morning, back to drizzle here today with a slight wind. Ach Well. I can put the sun glasses away for a bit yet.
The back of my hands are getting really sore with all this extra washing, quite stingy in fact. Every time I move them it hurts. People are saying that this is natures way of thinning us out as we're over populated and there's been no wars to keep our numbers down, so it's mostly affecting older folks and freeing up space for the young.. Nice Eh.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

07-03-2020, 10:55 AM

Good Morning Each,aye it's wet n windy here too so no yomp for Me this morn'...My Plan later is to blitz the Bathroom,Kitchen,shower,cupboards,door handles etc'...Cillit Bang in one hand,Domestos bleach in the other, ..hate wearing rubber gloves so bought a large size of E45 moisturising lotion for hands as I've noted they're becoming dry too with so much extra washing.

Let's hope this bliddy virus doesn't see all Us oldies off,but if it does I'll have done everything I can to protect Myself...can't do anymore than that...so..as We say in Weegie land...'keep the heid'
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 11:02 AM

Good morning. Raining here at the moment. I bought toilet paper the other day because I needed it. I have hand gel and wipes but rarely use them. Going to get my nails done and then into town for a few things.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

07-03-2020, 03:43 PM

Decided to join you May and am just finished blasting the bathroom and kitchen with a mix of bleach n Dettol mixed into the hottest water my hands could go in. Washed everything in sight including all the toiletries, took me several hours and now my poor hands are red raw. AND, now I see this Breaking News......Sheeezze.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...4d3ReU8GGhSTMU
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

07-03-2020, 04:30 PM

Jayzus!!...My BP has gone up just reading this!!!!...I have to go to the surgery on Monday to get My ears unplugged,but I also have an App't with the plastic surgeon in Wishaw on Friday which I think I'll phone and cancel as it's just a check-up...it gets more and more scarier by the day..so I'll just be getting My fresh air in the garden from Monday onwards Methinks

Page 504 of 754 « First < 4 404 454 494 502 503 504 505 506 514 554 604 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top