Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 06:22 AM

The final furlong

Hearing that Nom has died has made me feel very sad.
The time has come we are old the future is here already.
Our race is almost run as Frank Sinatra would say we have reached the final furlong
It's too late to be a great artist or musician
We are what we are .
What we have left to do we must do it now before it's too late .
I still have things I must do .
I feel I must get up now and do them before it's too late .
We never know the hour

( except it's 5.20 am and it's cold and dark out there )
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 06:50 AM

Re: The final furlong

Hi

So very true Muddy.

I have had a couple of days in hospital myself this week.

It was not good, but I survived and upwards and onwards.

Make the most of everyday and just go for it.

One life, make the most of it, like Nom did.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 06:51 AM

So sorry to hear of Nom's passing, he seemed a nice man. My wife's brother also died yesterday although it was expected as he had been ill for quite a while, so all in all a sad time at the moment.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 07:28 AM

I think whenever something like this happens we are bound to question our own mortality and wonder how much longer we may have left, have we done what we wanted to do, is there anything left to do.

With the greatest respect to Nom...we mustn't let it drag us down, difficult as that seems.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

Condolences to your family Barry.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 08:37 AM

Very sad to hear about Nom, I always expect to be reading one of his posts the next time I check in to the forum...
I've certainly shuffled my priorities around since having my Heart Attack...
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 08:44 AM

Sad to hear that Barry.
I think it's important to have an interest or hobby that distracts you from pain and difficulties you experience as you get older.
The feeling you've acheived something can be a boost and stop you being grumpy
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 09:54 AM

I m one of the younger ones of this group and hearing one of the forum members has passed away always saddens me and makes me question my own mortality again.

When my mum and sister both died suddenly unexpected it made me realise one minute we can be her the next gone, just like that.

There are so many things I would like to do to live my life but as yet i.m unable to because I have to work and that takes up too many hours of my day and I feel cross about that but I can't do anything about it yet. In my little bit of spare time I do try to have fun with my friends and try to make time for me.

I sometimes sit and ponder, what is life all about.

Barry, so sorry for your loss, hugs for you.

All here on this forum I m so sorry for your sadness with the loss of Nom. Hugs for you too. Xxx
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 10:12 AM

I'm glad you started this thread Muddy.... I didn't really know Nom but when I posted on his thread I thought is that it then
does life just go on?

Death is so final isn't it....I keep remembering my grans words death is as natural as birth we all enter this world with nothing and we leave with nothing but it's what we do in between that's important...seems Nom touched so many lives here and left the legacy of his photography it's sad that none of us ever touched him or held his hand but that's where social media has brought us.

I hope spirits can read words
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
So sorry to hear of Nom's passing, he seemed a nice man. My wife's brother also died yesterday although it was expected as he had been ill for quite a while, so all in all a sad time at the moment.
Sorry to hear that Barry. Hope your wife is Okay.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 11:59 AM

I expect most of us are on the last furlong..... we will all die one day if we live long enough

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top