Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 02:55 PM

Re: The final furlong

Telling my dad about this thread and me and dad sat here both looking at my mum's smiling photo, I said look daddy, she's smiling at us, dad said "aye she's laughing at us saying, I know something you don't " lol
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 02:59 PM

I ponder a lot about not being here , it makes me feel very sad
Then I think of what would not be here without my existence like my 5 beautiful grandchildren and the garden I have planted...

As Ray Bradbury puts it ..

“Everyone must leave something behind when he dies, my grandfather said. A child or a book or a painting or a house or a wall built or a pair of shoes made. Or a garden planted. Something your hand touched some way so your soul has somewhere to go when you die, and when people look at that tree or that flower you planted, you're there.

It doesn't matter what you do, he said, so long as you change something from the way it was before you touched it into something that's like you after you take your hands away. The difference between the man who just cuts lawns and a real gardener is in the touching, he said. The lawn-cutter might just as well not have been there at all; the gardener will be there a lifetime.”

Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I understand this theory but not sure why any higher being would bother to keep us all in our virtual world. To what end?
Do you grow plants or flowers in your garden?
Did you have children?

Why? What possible purpose does it serve?

Why would you plant a flower or plant seed knowing that it will grow, very briefly blossom in glory, and then wither and die?

Why would you create more human life in the form of children, knowing that just like you they will grow, briefly blossom and then get sick, suffer the hardships of life and modern society and then die?

If you can answer those questions then maybe you have some insight as to why anyone else would "plant" humans and watch them grow and die.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Unfortunately, we will never know the answer, probably even after we die. I can't imagine the 'truth' would ever be revealed to us, which means the only life we know is this one.
You are speaking from a relative viewpoint. From the point of the body from the point of Now. If you are more than this body and not constrained by the Now, then you may have answers and this existence and all the data it provides will be giving you more and more information and answers and experiences.

In the end then it is highly likely imho, that YOU yourself are "God" and that you planted this body, created that spark of life that resulted in your body growing into your current self. Your body is an extension of YOU but it is not you. You are something else, somewhere else, experiencing this physical plane of existence through your body.

When the body dies and the link is severed you will know more than you knew before your body was born. You will have that entire life and all that it experienced to ponder on.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
We're born, we live a while and we die, no sky fairy, no heaven or hell, the body is either planted, crisped or drowned - end of !!!
Yep the body is most definitely destroyed no question, that much has been said. It will also be recycled into something else.

That you believe all you are is your body, is frankly comical.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 03:32 PM

We have no proof that it is otherwise .
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

24-01-2019, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
We have no proof that it is otherwise .
Then could you explain to me how YOU personally heal your skin when it is cut? Can you explain how YOU are doing that and can you demonstrate to me please that YOU can cut yourself and wilfully hold back the healing process thereby demonstrating that you are in control and that you are your body and nothing more?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 03:44 PM

Oh, Muddy why did you start this thread, as l was just coming to terms with death and that l am now in God’s Waiting Room!

I think, it was your words in another thread ‘No one gets out of here alive’ that helped me!
We are all in the same boat and that’s how it is, you’re born, you live and you die’.

I do believe in The Buddhist’s theory that when we die our body goes but our spirit, our mind, lives on. Maybe, we are just regurgitated into another form but are not aware that we have lived before?
I do agree with what Realist says on this subject.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Oh, Muddy why did you start this thread, as l was just coming to terms with death and that l am now in God’s Waiting Room!

I think, it was your words in another thread ‘No one gets out of here alive’ that helped me!
We are all in the same boat and that’s how it is, you’re born, you live and you die’.

I do believe in The Buddhist’s theory that when we die our body goes but our spirit, our mind, lives on. Maybe, we are just regurgitated into another form but are not aware that we have lived before?
I do agree with what Realist says on this subject.

Me too, Art.
Our spirit is energy, and you can't kill energy.
Our body's are merely 'vehicles' to use while we are here.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 03:59 PM

I hope that you are all right.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Me too, Art.
Our spirit is energy, and you can't kill energy.
Our body's are merely 'vehicles' to use while we are here.
Oh well, Mups. There’s still hope for us yet! Not all is lost!

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top