Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 12:56 PM

Re: Old Age

I don't know about feeling old, I certainly don't at 70!
I do remember when I was taken seriously ill with pneumonia, I woke up in a ward with really elderly white-haired women and my first though was: "what the hell am I doing in this geriatric ward?(that was the horrible name they gave it) I just thought there wasn't a bed available in the other wards? Then it hit me! I was 67, and although I was still working, this is where I would automatically be sent!

Talk about making one feel old!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I don't know about feeling old, I certainly don't at 70!
I do remember when I was taken seriously ill with pneumonia, I woke up in a ward with really elderly white-haired women and my first though was: "what the hell am I doing in this geriatric ward?(that was the horrible name they gave it) I just thought there wasn't a bed available in the other wards? Then it hit me! I was 67, and although I was still working, this is where I would automatically be sent!

Talk about making one feel old!!
I think we all feel like that Shrops.

When Mrs LD's Mum was mid-eighties, she used to talk about the 'old girl' who lived three doors away. She didn't like her much but used to go in for tea just for something to do.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
None, its new territory, .
Unless you believe the biblical time line.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top