Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 11:20 PM

Are You ‘Top Drawer’ Or ‘Bottom Drawer’?

Some people have ‘Delusions Of Grandeur’ and think they are ‘Top Drawer’ others think they are, ‘Bottom Of The Pile’.
Where do you think you come on the Grandeur Scale? Top, Middle or Bottom?
Do you know people who think they are really special and above the rest.... when in fact, they’re nowt?!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 11:22 PM

Re: Are You ‘Top Drawer’ Or ‘Bottom Drawer’?

No one is Nowt Arty, surely.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
No one is Nowt Arty, surely.
No, l don’t suppose they are but lots think they are!

I have a few friends who put the voice on..... well they didn’t talk like that years ago. You’d think they were one of the Windsors!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 11:37 PM

Maybe back then, they had identity issues?
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 11:47 PM

It's not something one can answer for themselves. I'd prefer to let my past actions speak for me, and how I've treated others.

I would hope for something in the middle of the road.

And, I don't mean a dead possum.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 11:52 PM

I am more of a shelf and shed person.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 12:01 AM

I am nothing Artangel. I long since realised that a key part of life is to realise that we are nothing, we don't matter and we are born into a body with ego which serves initially to help us survive and establish our ground but which ultimately has to die if we are to progress forward.

I don't care particularly what I look like. I am not the least bit vain. I don't have tattoos or anything like that.

I realise that just as we went from being babies to kids, from kids to teenagers, from teenagers to young adults and from young adults to older adults . . . . that life obviously operates in stages and it's up to us to keep with the pace. If we don't we end up in adulthood with teenage behaviours and so on.

Part of my giving up work was the realisation 2-3 years beforehand that there is more to life and I was wasting much of it sitting in an office in front of a computer screen. I wasn't keeping up with the pace of life but slipping behind.
I was on the treadmill which serves only to trap people.

So I broke free. A leap into the unknown. I have never ever been out of work so it was a slightly daunting prospect.

However I never looked back.

When you cease work, you have a most precious gift. . . TIME

You have time to sit and contemplate. To think about who you are, why you are here, where you are going and what you should be doing.

You have time to appreciate Nature around you. Not in a fluffy unicorn way (i.e. that's a lovely flower) but rather you start to look and see how Nature operates and realising that you are also a product of Nature you begin to appreciate how you operate in tune with Nature's processes.

In short I have absolutely no self allusions at all. The path to understanding who and what we are is, imho, hidden until we set aside our selves and realise that we are nothing, just a part of Nature. Once the path is revealed we can begin to explore it.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

26-01-2019, 12:06 AM

What if your work, affords you all the time in the world?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 12:11 AM

No-one is looking in my drawers.
Seriously, Art, we are all equal. x
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 12:41 AM

I am definitely bottom draw I am only small and can't reach the top one

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top