Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 03:50 AM

Clutter !

I hate it and it's driving me mad .
Having a big clutter drive .
Trying to make space .
Ie my drawers ( just read the drawers thread) are full .
So tomorrow wil, try and thin them out .
Must get rid of stuff
How does anyone else manage clutter ?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 04:37 AM

Re: Clutter !

Yes Muddy, have a good clear out. You will feel so good tidying up and seeing what you have achieved

I don't like clutter. I cannot work on an untidy desk.

My wife ensures our house is free from clutter to an actual OCD kind of fashion; that drives me nuts when she moves my things!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 06:55 AM

Hi

How do I manage it?

I have a storage container, I filled it when I downsized.

I am gradually sorting it, got rid of about a quarter of it so far.

Charity shops for most of the clothes and knick knacks, ebay, gumtree and auctions for the rest.

It is very therapeutic.

The money I give to my son.

It is amazing what some things are worth, old teddies and stuffed animals, toys, computer stuff in particular.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 07:34 AM

I'm an anti clutter freak too...a pal once told me if you haven't used it or worn it in the last year sling it....I'm not quite that harsh but her words ring in my ears when I'm looking through my wardrobe and sorting stuff generally.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 08:08 AM

I always de-cluttering, we haven't got a lot left now, most of our stuff goes to Charity Shops.

When I was working, both my Friend and I used to tidy up and polish our desks before going home after a days work.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 10:19 AM

I'm a collector of clutter I'm afraid. I could clutter for England if I put me mind to it.

I convince my self it will come in handy - and in truth, it often does - but not all the time.

I keep no end of plastic lids, especially the domed ones, as they come in handy for propogation lids over flower pots when I'm growing stuff. I've got loads of bits of stuff I want for gardening.

I can't throw old photo's away. Someone said to me once it is akin to throwing the person away, and that's how I feel too - unless it someone you want to throw away of course.

I keep certain plastic containers with lids too, all shapes and sizes. I always think they will come in handy.

The drawers are full of little more than rubbish really, and I keep intending to sort them out, but never do.
So yes, I'm a clutterer, but not like those people you see on telly where they can't get out the door, I'm not that bad thank goodness.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 10:21 AM

I find as soon as I throw something out, I need it!
It's very difficult as I like to recycle stuff and make something out of things other people think are junk.

This is why my cupboard needs a sign saying, "Do not open, avalanche warning!"

I have been good at giving away wool, I send it to my grandkids other Granny to knit them things.

Now I've heard of a family friend who is doing costume design at college, so fabric is getting sorted and given away.

Clothes are difficult as we have such varied weather, we need all grades of suitable garments. My summer clothes are going to get attention as some I never wear.

Tip: Watch the TV show "Hoarders" it can cause a sudden desire to throw stuff out

Mups, we could swap our clutter with each other, I may have useful stuff you need!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by tessa ->
i find as soon as i throw something out, i need it!
It's very difficult as i like to recycle stuff and make something out of things other people think are junk.

This is why my cupboard needs a sign saying, "do not open, avalanche warning!"

i have been good at giving away wool, i send it to my grandkids other granny to knit them things.

Now i've heard of a family friend who is doing costume design at college, so fabric is getting sorted and given away.

Clothes are difficult as we have such varied weather, we need all grades of suitable garments. My summer clothes are going to get attention as some i never wear.

Tip: Watch the tv show "hoarders" it can cause a sudden desire to throw stuff out

mups, we could swap our clutter with each other, i may have useful stuff you need!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 10:50 AM

I'm a bit of both really. I don't like clutter around the house, by clutter I mean nik-nak type ornaments, I can't see the point of them. Any that we do have are all kept together in a cabinet so they require very little dusting. I prefer big items that make a statement. I also do all the vacuuming so I hate things that clog the floor. Cat toys drive me mad because they tend to disappear up the pipe.

On the other hand, I do 99% of repairs to the house so I tend to keep plastic containers, scraps of wood, screws, fixings and anything that might 'come in handy' regarding DIY.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 10:53 AM

I am glad I'm not the only one!
The garden is just as bad I have hundreds of flower pots !
Someone must want them!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top