Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 01:26 PM

Re: Clutter !

I tend to keep all family Christmas and Birthday and Mother's Day cards, I really must whittle them down ..... maybe just keep the cards from my Grandchildren. I have also kept all the pictures that my Grandchildren have drawn
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 01:54 PM

I have clutter, I like my clutter.
I have relatives clutter as they have passed away. It drives my twins crazy.
I know where everything is.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I am glad I'm not the only one!
The garden is just as bad I have hundreds of flower pots !
Someone must want them!

Bet I've got more than you . . der der de der der

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 05:29 PM

[QUOTE=TessA;1625393]I find as soon as I throw something out, I need it!
It's very difficult as I like to recycle stuff and make something out of things other people think are junk.

This is why my cupboard needs a sign saying, "Do not open, avalanche warning!"

I have been good at giving away wool, I send it to my grandkids other Granny to knit them things.

Now I've heard of a family friend who is doing costume design at college, so fabric is getting sorted and given away.

Clothes are difficult as we have such varied weather, we need all grades of suitable garments. My summer clothes are going to get attention as some I never wear.

Tip: Watch the TV show "Hoarders" it can cause a sudden desire to throw stuff out

Mups, we could swap our clutter with each other, I may have useful stuff you need![
/QUOTE]

Noooo, naughty Tess, tempting me like that.
There's bound to be something I'd find useful.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 06:27 PM

I have two halfway houses sppecifically for clutter. They are the garage and the summerhouse. Because I am a bit cautious about getting rid of anything that might be worthwhile, depending on what it is it either goes down into the summerhouse (chairs, rugs, books furniture) and the rest goes into the garage. Once it is out of the house and in these places I can review, decide and then throw it out if necessary. I must admit that some comes back into the house and off we go again Generally, the house itself remains relatively clutter free this way.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I hate it and it's driving me mad .
Having a big clutter drive .
Trying to make space .
Ie my drawers ( just read the drawers thread) are full .
So tomorrow wil, try and thin them out .
Must get rid of stuff
How does anyone else manage clutter ?
Thin drawers..........
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 06:49 PM

In our house we have a policy, clutter last for six months if its not used in that time it goes in the bin.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 08:36 PM

[QUOTE=Mups;1625702]
Originally Posted by TessA ->
I find as soon as I throw something out, I need it!
It's very difficult as I like to recycle stuff and make something out of things other people think are junk.

This is why my cupboard needs a sign saying, "Do not open, avalanche warning!"

I have been good at giving away wool, I send it to my grandkids other Granny to knit them things.

Now I've heard of a family friend who is doing costume design at college, so fabric is getting sorted and given away.

Clothes are difficult as we have such varied weather, we need all grades of suitable garments. My summer clothes are going to get attention as some I never wear.

Tip: Watch the TV show "Hoarders" it can cause a sudden desire to throw stuff out

Mups, we could swap our clutter with each other, I may have useful stuff you need![
/QUOTE]

Noooo, naughty Tess, tempting me like that.
There's bound to be something I'd find useful.
I think it's a good job I don't do house clearances!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-01-2019, 09:39 PM

[QUOTE=TessA;1625810]
Originally Posted by Mups ->

I think it's a good job I don't do house clearances!

Could be worse Tess, we could do it together.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 11:48 AM

We have a really good recycling centre here. I don't mean the money-grabbing charge you to recycle type. We have a yard where you can hand in anything that could possibly be reusable. They then sell the items and the money goes to charities. You can buy anything from a teapot to dustbin.

When I made my pond, I bought a huge roll of pond underlay for £4, would have cost a lot more from a shop. Have also bought buckets for mixing cement etc.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top