Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 02:14 PM

Right place right time

We’ve all heard the saying, but have you ever been in the right place at the right time,? I can’t think if I have,
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 02:17 PM

Re: Right place right time

That's because most folks only remember when they are in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 02:37 PM

I think I was.

I decided to go visit my daughter who was in the later stage of her pregnancy with my second grandchild. Her husband was to be her birthing partner so I phoned him at work to tell him to come home. Fortunately Mr Mags was with me to look after our 2 year old granddaughter.

The contractions were coming fast when SIL arrived home so said to get her to hospital asap. He left the room, after a while I went to find him and he was in the bathroom being sick! He panicked. Told him he had to look after his daughter while my husband drove us to the maternity hospital.... we just made it in time. I took over the role of her birthing partner and was there for the birth. I feel blessed that this had happened, it was the most wonderful experience in the world. I was even allowed to hold my new grandson before my daughter ..... one very happy and emotional Nanna!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 02:46 PM

Wow Mags love that. X

I am usually in the right place at the right time, I think it is my fate.
The most recent was when an old lady got knocked down in the road, most people stood shocked! I was straight over, coat off to put under her head, made sure she didn't move, I then shouted orders to onlookers.
Phone 999, get chairs to block the road!
I waited until the ambulance arrived, found her mobile with permission, phoned her daughter, but gently told the daughter not to panick. A slight head injury, lucky lady.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I think I was.

I decided to go visit my daughter who was in the later stage of her pregnancy with my second grandchild. Her husband was to be her birthing partner so I phoned him at work to tell him to come home. Fortunately Mr Mags was with me to look after our 2 year old granddaughter.

The contractions were coming fast when SIL arrived home so said to get her to hospital asap. He left the room, after a while I went to find him and he was in the bathroom being sick! He panicked. Told him he had to look after his daughter while my husband drove us to the maternity hospital.... we just made it in time. I took over the role of her birthing partner and was there for the birth. I feel blessed that this had happened, it was the most wonderful experience in the world. I was even allowed to hold my new grandson before my daughter ..... one very happy and emotional Nanna!
Nice one mags..
Primus1
York

26-01-2019, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Wow Mags love that. X

I am usually in the right place at the right time, I think it is my fate.
The most recent was when an old lady got knocked down in the road, most people stood shocked! I was straight over, coat off to put under her head, made sure she didn't move, I then shouted orders to onlookers.
Phone 999, get chairs to block the road!
I waited until the ambulance arrived, found her mobile with permission, phoned her daughter, but gently told the daughter not to panick. A slight head injury, lucky lady.
Nurse sweetie to the rescue..do you have any first aid training sweetie?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Nurse sweetie to the rescue..do you have any first aid training sweetie?
I do actually, I honestly think everyone should have a basic knowledge. It is all common sense though.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 04:52 PM

I used to take an older friend for errands every Friday after work. This particular day her 13 year old grandson was visiting her, so he came along.
Got groceries, drove them home, then left for my house.
When I arrived, my hubby was mowing the lawn and not ready for dinner, so for some reason I decided to return to my friend's for a longer visit with the grandson.
Never before had I gone back, but this was the right time, and place. Just before I arrived,she'd just suddenly had a horrendous headache, sick to her stomach, and blurred vision. She wouldn't let her grandson call an ambulance, nor call her daughter who lived 30 miles away. I got her to another safer chair, talked to the grandson to calm him, called an ER squad with directions to the house, and sent the boy outside to wait so he didn't have to see his grandma in such pain and distress.
She was having a brain aneurysm, bleeding on the brain, and if she hadn't had immediate care, she would have stroked out or died. She recovered with no loss of speech nor handicap, and lived for a short while longer. She was 80 at the time.
A wonderful lady, special family, and to this day her daughter keeps in touch with me, and her grandson, who is grown. It created a lasting bond. I was fortunate to be a part of this, so glad I could help.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I do actually, I honestly think everyone should have a basic knowledge. It is all common sense though.
I agree, Sweetie! And, you were a blessing in this situation. xx
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 04:55 PM

Well done RN, no doubt you saved the lady's life.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top