Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 12:45 AM

Not a good day!

It's not been my day today. I set off to Tesco's this afternoon with a £6 off voucher if you spend £40. When I got there I couldn't find it - I turned my bag & my pockets out but it wasn't there.

Then later I was cooking dinner, I turned the veg on and went upstairs for a bit. There was an awful smell of burning - I'd only turned the carrots on with no water in the pan!!
I think the pan is ruined.

Just two of my many mishaps - I seem to do something stupid every day. I could kick myself at times.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 12:52 AM

Re: Not a good day!

Originally Posted by carol ->
It's not been my day today. I set off to Tesco's this afternoon with a £6 off voucher if you spend £40. When I got there I couldn't find it - I turned my bag & my pockets out but it wasn't there.

Then later I was cooking dinner, I turned the veg on and went upstairs for a bit. There was an awful smell of burning - I'd only turned the carrots on with no water in the pan!!
I think the pan is ruined.

Just two of my many mishaps - I seem to do something stupid every day. I could kick myself at times.
Carol, it happens to us all.
You must be worried about something.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 12:55 AM

Welcome to my world Carol!!
I have been a clumsy oaf since the age of about 12
I carry it well mostly but then I have days like yours, when all I touch turns to disaster
It's my father's genes i know it
so that makes me kind of ok about it..
Because he was my hero
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 02:07 AM

I’ve done loads of things like this and then some.
It’s called being human.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 02:07 AM

Hi Rhian. Nice to see you.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 02:21 AM

Those blooming vouchers !
I am always doing this too.
I usually find them when they are out of date !
Sorry you had a bad day Carol .
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 08:26 AM

I had a similar day a few days ago everything went wrong topped off by leaving my handbag containing my purse mobile phone everything ...on that little hook on under the handle of the supermarket trolley.....but what a miracle to find it still there about 15 minutes later when I realised where I had left it.....so I suppose not such a bad day after all.

I'm not sure what causes those days though.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 09:13 AM

Hi

I had to laugh Carol, these things happen to us all.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 09:39 AM

Definitely not just you Carol, I have weeks like that, never mind days

It's usually when I'm distracted by something else going on in my head.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 09:58 AM

Annoying isn't it, I have to put the vouchers in same place in my purse as the loyalty card they match with otherwise I forget I have them and bring them home unused. They always ask for the card so I can't possibly forget the voucher that way.

Carrots I use a multi cooker so it automatically turns off when it has no water. That cured burning the veg.

But I sympathise greatly I only do the things I do because I did burn the carrots and forget the vouchers so often I had to find a way round it.

Try filling the pan with biological washing powder and water and bring to a rolling boil, then turn off and leave for an hour and have a go at getting it clean. It may need two or three goes but that usually gets it off my stainless steel pans.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top