Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 10:02 AM

Re: Not a good day!

What a shame Carol. I (almost) burnt a steamer a few weeks ago so I know how easy it is to do. The annoying thing is, if you knew where the voucher was, you could put it towards a new saucepan.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 10:16 AM

Google has a choice of ways to bring your pan back to a usable condition.

https://www.expertreviews.co.uk/kitc...-tips-products
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 11:35 AM

Carol, l think at this age we have lots on our mind and l don’t think our concentration is how it used to be.

I am dreading my next water bill.

Instead of holding the watering can under the outside tap, l used the hose and let it fill on it’s own. I had forgotten it once before and it was a couple of hours but l thought l had learned my lesson!

In October, l did it again! This time, l didn’t realise until about 14 hours later when I was going to bed. I could hear a low buzzing in the kitchen and thought it was the freezer. It wasn’t until l got near the sink, that I realised it was outside and shock, horror...... l hadn’t turned the tap off.

I couldn’t believe my stupidity and then l was worried that my mind was going! For me, it was a wake up call, to be more diligent and alert so l am more careful these days.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 12:27 PM

Carol we all have 'I would have been better staying in bed' days you just have to forget it and move on.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Carol we all have 'I would have been better staying in bed' days you just have to forget it and move on.
That's true. I have not had one of those for a while now but there are those days that go wrong from start to finish and you end up thinking what a complete waste of a day. Luckily, they do not come along too often.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top