Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 01:57 AM

Re: “A son is a son 'til he gets a wife, but a daughter is a daughter all her life. ”

Originally Posted by Realist ->
This lovely piece of work by Kahlil Gibram was highlighted to me in a discussion about children on a Philosophy Forum. I think it sums the situation up very well.
On Children
One of my favourites! "The Prophet". along with "The Rubaiyat" of Omar Khayyam:

Think, in this batter'd Caravanserai
Whose doorways are alternate Night & Day,
How Sultan after Sultan with his pomp
Abode his hour or two and went his way.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 02:15 AM

Re: “A son is a son 'til he gets a wife, but a daughter is a daughter all her life. ”

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
One of my favourites! "The Prophet". along with "The Rubaiyat" of Omar Khayyam:.
Wow that's a sizeable work Ciderman!

Just taking a look.

Can't help but feel this is full of all manner of allegory and cryptic content. Some alchemical terms in there too.

Wonder if there are some hidden secrets !
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 06:01 AM

I have a lovely future daughter in law....I went with her for her wedding dress...final fitting was Saturday...she will look lovely....can't wait
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I have a lovely future daughter in law....I went with her for her wedding dress...final fitting was Saturday...she will look lovely....can't wait
How exciting summer. That’s wonderful news.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
How exciting summer. That’s wonderful news.
I love a good wedding Bratti....I'm amazed my son is getting married but she seems just right for him
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I love a good wedding Bratti....I'm amazed my son is getting married but she seems just right for him
I do also summer but it must be extra exciting knowing your son is the groom. Very special indeed. Congratulations!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 08:11 AM

That's the thing with Sons and Daughters, we get disappointed when we think they are not like us, but, then we get scared, when we think they are! The confluence of life, is a strange place.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Do you think this old saying is true? I think it is, although l did find it hard to wrench my ex husband off his umbilical cord!

My daughters and l are very close but I think, l have ‘lost’ my son to his partner and that’s fine, l don’t own him!
You've answered your own question. Why was it necessary to wrench your ex husband off his umbilical cord? Some kind of marital jealousy? Perhaps all our sons partners demand they loosen parental attachment...........?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
You've answered your own question. Why was it necessary to wrench your ex husband off his umbilical cord? Some kind of marital jealousy? Perhaps all our sons partners demand they loosen parental attachment...........?

Lindy, Maybe, l should have put a smiley at the end of that sentence? One thing l have never been is a jealous person!

My mother in law was a good, very kind lady but very dominant, even still choosing and buying my ex husband’s shoes when he was 27. My ex husband and his brother are very intelligent men but were kept back by her dominance. She did everything for them.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 12:32 PM

Art that's an interesting observation she did everything for them
But look at it this way...they allowed her to do everything for them!
So do you think she'd inadvertently made them both lazy?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top