Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 01:06 AM

Re: James Charles: Birmingham gridlocked after YouTuber visit

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Well you live and learn... l was just reading about James Charles, he is ‘legally blind’ and wears powerful, colourful contact lenses.
I had never heard of the expression, ‘legally blind’ before but it seems quite a lot of people in America, are legally blind.
We have the same here. It enables the person to take a dog on a bus, train into shops and pubs even though they might be able to see a little bit their eyesight is too poor for them to function as a sighted person would.

Funnily enough there was a legally blind person who made a film which was reported on in the last few days.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-...tion=good-news
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
We have the same here. It enables the person to take a dog on a bus, train into shops and pubs even though they might be able to see a little bit their eyesight is too poor for them to function as a sighted person would.

Funnily enough there was a legally blind person who made a film which was reported on in the last few days.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-...tion=good-news
Bruce, I am wondering, is the term ‘Registered Blind’ that we use here in the U.K., the same as ‘Legally Blind’?

NB. If l have taken the thread off course, l apologise but it does concern James Charles.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 06:20 AM

Having been going through puberty at the time when Boy George and Queen were dressing up as women etc I'm not sure why a guy in make up is still so shocking. In the early 80s Boy George and Marilyn were making big headlines for the same reason. Adam Ant too. Of course as a child it was Bowie and Bolan among others. A good looking guy in make up = £££'s. An old and trusted formula.

These days you tube is just an extension of the telly. There will come a time when all this content is controlled and we won't have such variety. For now it's the in thing. We had only three or four channels back then and the same things still happened. So let's face the fact that men secretly love to be the fashion peacock. Those who say nae just ain't good looking enough to carry it off.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 08:36 AM

Show my heart some devotion
Push aside those that whisper never
Feel like a child on a dark night
Wishing we could spend it together
I could be warm with you smiling
Hold out your hand for a while
The victims we know them so well, so well
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 08:44 AM

What a bunch of saddo kids
Screaming to see a make up artist?
Still what do I know ?
At least it's harmless.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Having been going through puberty at the time when Boy George and Queen were dressing up as women etc I'm not sure why a guy in make up is still so shocking. In the early 80s Boy George and Marilyn were making big headlines for the same reason. Adam Ant too. Of course as a child it was Bowie and Bolan among others. A good looking guy in make up = £££'s. An old and trusted formula.

These days you tube is just an extension of the telly. There will come a time when all this content is controlled and we won't have such variety. For now it's the in thing. We had only three or four channels back then and the same things still happened. So let's face the fact that men secretly love to be the fashion peacock. Those who say nae just ain't good looking enough to carry it off.
Looking back through history, it is nothing new, either.
The 18C saw men plastered in white powder, rouge, beauty spots and wigs.
(And earrings!)

In various other societies preceding that time too.

Not to mention indigenous Americans, Maoris, African tribes, ancient Egyptians, Romans, Elizabethan men, etc. etc.

There was one era during the Renaissance, in Italy at least, where married women were expected to wear only black, and it was men who wore colourful clothing.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Well it worked for Prince
It's a shame really, it was only after he died I realised how talented he was. I couldn't bear to watch the bloke tbh, so his make up didn't work for me.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
What a bunch of saddo kids
Screaming to see a make up artist?
Still what do I know ?
At least it's harmless.
Hell yes! Why aren’t they out on the streets taking drugs and knifing each other.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Bruce, I am wondering, is the term ‘Registered Blind’ that we use here in the U.K., the same as ‘Legally Blind’?

Absolutely no idea I am afraid.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Hell yes! Why aren’t they out on the streets taking drugs and knifing each other.
A negative virtue
I like to see children doing a sport or interested in something worthwhile .
Something that is of value .

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top