Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 07:24 PM

Re: Clubs & groups.

I joined an apethy club once, no one bothered to turn up

No seriously, I’m not a member of any club or group apart from the OFF, although I used to play online games on the PlayStation, with quite a few people so I suppose that was a kind of club,, or maybe not..
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Lol! Same here. Funny to watch through a young person's eyes though. When I get an allotment that will be the start of the end for me
My daughter and SIL had an allotment when they were in their 30s, they really enjoyed growing their own produce
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 09:44 PM

I joined a group when I first moved here. Met in the local fitness centre in the bar area.

They did trips out, theatre, walking, the usual. I went three times, it was ok, bit too cliquey - as most places can be, even down to who sits where around each table.

One of the things that put me off was a person who I had the misfortune to work with for many years, was a long standing member.

I did realise going there, that these place just aren't my thing.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
My daughter and SIL had an allotment when they were in their 30s, they really enjoyed growing their own produce
Each to their own, Mups. Just not my thing.
Easier buying veg from the shops.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Each to their own, Mups. Just not my thing.
Easier buying veg from the shops.
It’s Mags, Floydy
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 10:02 PM

I don't have time for clubs but if I did, although not a club, I'd love to join a gospel choir. I love singing, I'm rubbish at it but enjoy it all the same.

Some have said that clubs can be too cliquey, I can well imagine that, so they wouldn't be for me.

Someone said they feel 25 in their head (I think 25) well thats me so the Old Bag Clubs would be a definite no no for me if they are talking about funerals and deeing, no ta.

So I think I'll stick with my Friends and The Golden Girls Club, they are fun clubs!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 10:02 PM

It’s Mags, Floydy
he had a senior moment haha
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 10:32 PM

It’s Mags, Floydy
Oh no! My apologies, Mags. Could have been worse. Could have called you R-----t lol!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

28-01-2019, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
he had a senior moment haha
Maybe it's time to get my spade and trowel out after all
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 11:21 PM

I wouldn't join a club that would have me as a member.

I did try a RSPB but they were all retired bank managers and teachers,local government types,etc....I didn't want to consort with that sort of person.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top