Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 11:14 AM

Re: S'no school!

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Enjoy your unexpected holiday Rhian

Snow on the Hills here, and more expected on Thursday night.
The milkman has delivered milk to last until Monday and a note saying he may not get through the snow on Friday that has never happened before. I think some schools around here will be joining you very soon.
Wow! Your milkman is good. He is better at predicting the weather than the Met office.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Wow! Your milkman is good. He is better at predicting the weather than the Met office.
LD Either that or he is good with a crystal ball
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 11:28 AM

Just think what fun you can have today Rhian, snow ball fights, tobogganing and you could build a gender fluid snowperson (or would that mean it had melted? Mmmm?)
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 11:42 AM

What I took for just a heavy frost is actually snow - apparently we had a 'light dusting' of up to 1" last evening
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 11:47 AM

214 schools closures up this way, multiple accidents on m/ways, airport closed. Madness.

It's lovely how the snow makes everything so quiet outside

Oooh, I'm way too excited. Must calm down.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 11:53 AM

A little snow here and pretty cold when we did our first stroll at 0800.
It has now warmed up to a scorching 0C/32F.
We live not far from a school and seems unusually quiet.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 11:57 AM

Enjoy your duvet day, Rhian!

I don't understand all this 'school closure' stuff - they never did it when I was at school. One year the snow was about 2ft deep and we still had to walk the mile and a half to school. The teachers were all there, so was the caretaker - sweeping paths and covering them with salt and sand. If we were in a classroom without heating then we were allowed to keep our coats on - other than that it was business as usual.

Have we bred a generation of wimps or what?

What about the parents of these children? Presumably one of them will have to stay at home and lose a day's pay?
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 12:19 PM

How on earth did we survive in the past when we had snow, oh yes we just got on with it.
Last year Edinburgh council closed offices and schools two days before the snow fell.
We had very light dusting of snow which did not bother Millie on our walk this morning, in fact I lost her as I think she went chasing a mouse or something but she knows which way to go and I met up with her further down the road.

Snow such as it was has disappeared Armageddon averted in Edinburgh.
Feey
Ireland
Feey is male  Feey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 12:44 PM

i can never remember our school closing for the snow back in the 70's
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

30-01-2019, 12:47 PM

Let's be honest though, wouldn't we have loved it if our school had been closed.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top