Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 01:32 PM

Re: S'no school!

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I've just taken some piccies on my tablet... woohoo

Can't understand schools closing... but that's the same old, same old. Other folk have to go to work for gawd sake.

My daughter's doing a placement in school. She's not text me yet, but I'll bet she'll be pig sick if she struggled to get there and it's shut.

Because they're all wimps these days. No school closures when I was a kid, every one managed to get into school, teachers and pupils alike and we had to wade through deep snowdrifts in shorts for the boys and skirts for the girls. No long keks in those days.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Feey ->
i can never remember our school closing for the snow back in the 70's

Excellent post, Feey.

Yes, I remember walking to school in conditions like that.

Of course, Britain bred strong people in those days. All it can manage now is wimps.

Still, you enjoy your day in Bed, Rhian. You deserve it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 01:43 PM

Just had an email to let us know that our Scottish dancing Burns Night has been cancelled for tonight and will now take place next Wednesday.

Marge and I wouldn't have batted an eye in driving a few miles this evening, but I suppose there will be some decrepit old gits who would find it difficult, so they had to cancel.

Shame. I was looking forward to haggis, neeps and tatties. Still, perhaps Marge can make us some.

I'll go out now and see if I can catch a haggis.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Just had an email to let us know that our Scottish dancing Burns Night has been cancelled for tonight and will now take place next Wednesday.

Marge and I wouldn't have batted an eye in driving a few miles this evening, but I suppose there will be some decrepit old gits who would find it difficult, so they had to cancel.

Shame. I was looking forward to haggis, neeps and tatties. Still, perhaps Marge can make us some.

I'll go out now and see if I can catch a haggis.
Difficult to spot in the snow.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 02:30 PM

Oh a snowflake landed, the countries schools come to a standstill. Quite ridiculous really, snowflakes strike again

I wish my work had closed though
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

30-01-2019, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Difficult to spot in the snow.
No, quite easy actually. They have a tartan fleece and five uneven-length legs so they're not too good at running away either.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 03:12 PM

We have got snow here on the ground and our kids have gone to School.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

30-01-2019, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
We have got snow here on the ground and our kids have gone to School.
Ah but you're darn sarf where it's a sub-tropical climate.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top