Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2020, 09:22 AM

Re: Tasty simple soup

Thanks all.

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I love fennel - will give it a try.

Have you seen Shropshiregirl's - cheesecake recipe? Would make a great second course!
I/we have soup for lunch, with bread (ciabatta?). Fresh fruit to follow. But I wll look at that recipe

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Love fennel with goats cheese.
Interesting .... I was wondering how blue might work. I love Roquefort, but not cheap.

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That sounds lovely and very simple Dood. Is it possible to overdose on fennel? I love the stuff but doesn't it work in mysterious ways on the digestive system...?
In good ways ... it seems ... according to this: https://www.healthannotation.com/dig...issues-fennel/
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2020, 10:22 AM

[QUOTE=d00d;1866873]I made today ...

We picked up three gigantic fennel bulbs for £1.50 at a local market.

Chopped them up, softened in a glug of olive oil and a generous knob of butter, for 10 minutes
Added about 3 pints of water and a veg stock cube, simmered for a further 10 minute.
Liquidised.
Served with a sprinkling of grated cheddar.

Crikey, that sounds lovely and easy d00d. Wouldn't that go delicious with some crusty bread and butter. Yum
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2020, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

Crikey, that sounds lovely and easy d00d. Wouldn't that go delicious with some crusty bread and butter. Yum
Twas very lovely, I've got some more in the freezer.

When I said a stock cube, I used a couple of heaped teaspoons of Bouillon powder (I couldn't remember the name when writing this last night). LINK

I now have an idea ... the above with a little less water to serve as a sauce to accompany salmon.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top