Join for free
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2020, 11:00 AM

Re: Haircuts

Originally Posted by summer ->
Only advantage is tiff....no-one will see us
That is almost true, but I still have to shop for groceries. One advantage is, if I look wild people will keep away from me.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Growing old and silver is a very sexy look.

Stay with it.
My hair is grey not silver & it is also very thin, so in places you can see pink skin through it, not a good look.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2020, 11:06 AM

I don't mind my hair getting a bit longer as long as it is shiny and healthy.
Longer hair in poor condition is a worse problem.
I often trim my fringe if it gets to long though.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2020, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I don't mind my hair getting a bit longer as long as it is shiny and healthy.
Longer hair in poor condition is a worse problem.
I often trim my fringe if it gets to long though.
I shall be doing that soon as well. My hairdressers hates it when I do though, she says it ruins the cut, even if all the hair has grown.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2020, 11:38 AM

I have cut my own hair for years.
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2020, 12:02 PM

Funny this topic has cropped up.... As my better half were complaining about her roots yesterday (an end of the world thing, apparently )

My suggestion of, put a baseball cap on to walk the dog.... didn't really help the situation ... ( Well I thought it were a good idea )

Me...I always have my hair back to the wood( cut every two weeks by the barber ), but if it gets to a stage where I need a tidying up......We got electric shears here.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2020, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Growing old and silver is a very sexy look.

Stay with it.
I am.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

07-04-2020, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I am.
OK for men, it usually suits them.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2020, 03:13 PM

I have surprised myself. Faced with hair growing past my ears, I ordered a 'trimming comb' via e-bay which arrived this morning. It is a simple plastic comb that is split in half with two double edged razor blades housed between the two halves. I carefully combed and as I did the offending hair thinned out to the extent I now look presentable again.
At almost 77 my hair has started to thin and now after the use of the trimming comb, the barber will be losing a customer from today because the neck area was simply cleaned up by my wife and an ordinary shaving razor :thumbup:

Oh yes and by the way, she will not let me near her with the new thinning comb
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2020, 03:39 PM

I had my hair cut just before the lock down but, as an ageing prog rocking dynosaur, I don't mind mine being shoulder length if necessary
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

07-04-2020, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I had my hair cut just before the lock down but, as an ageing prog rocking dynosaur, I don't mind mine being shoulder length if necessary
I think mine would look mighty strange that length, half grey from the roots & half brown to the end.

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top