Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2020, 07:02 AM

Re: Justice gone soft

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
This is half a joke but I know a place. What about the Kerguelen Archipelago?..Way down the bottom of the Southern Indian Ocean near Antarctica. It belongs to the French and there's only one little scientific station there. The rest is snow, ice, penguins, seals and a strange kind of cabbage that grows wild there. They will have to be paid for wherever they go and I'm sure the French will be happy to take your pounds for their upkeep in a sparse little joint sealed off from their facility. And I;m sure they would take great pleasure in dealing out some "discipline Francaise" to the English low lives under their charge. BTW what's wrong with the Isle of Man?..Serious question. I know zip about it. All I know is that they like tearing around on motor cycles. Is it part of Britain?..England?. Independent??
It must be independent, if it was part of the Uk, the PC crowd would have renamed it the "Isle of Person" by now.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2020, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
This is half a joke but I know a place. What about the Kerguelen Archipelago?..Way down the bottom of the Southern Indian Ocean near Antarctica. It belongs to the French and there's only one little scientific station there. The rest is snow, ice, penguins, seals and a strange kind of cabbage that grows wild there. They will have to be paid for wherever they go and I'm sure the French will be happy to take your pounds for their upkeep in a sparse little joint sealed off from their facility. And I;m sure they would take great pleasure in dealing out some "discipline Francaise" to the English low lives under their charge. BTW what's wrong with the Isle of Man?..Serious question. I know zip about it. All I know is that they like tearing around on motor cycles. Is it part of Britain?..England?. Independent??
The Isle of Man is a self-governing crown dependency, and not part of the UK or EU. It has its own parliament called Tynwald. There is motorcycle racing there every year attracting thousands of visitors. (TT Races cancelled this year due to the coronavirus pandemic.) The island has a population of around 84,000. There's a connection with the thread title too – it was the last place where birching was used as a form of punishment.

There's plenty of information online about the island, just a couple of those links below plus another one about the TT Races:

https://www.visitisleofman.com

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-18251379

https://www.iomttraces.com/racing/course
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2020, 08:55 AM

Hi

We have a big problem here.

There have been huge cuts to the Justice system, they are not cost effective.

Local Courts have been closed, which have caused delays.

GBH in Telford on a Thursday night, into Telford Court on Friday morning , they walk them there, underground, one is next to the other.

Banged up on remand in Prison Friday afternoon.

Now they have to take them to Kidderminster.

There is a waiting list there, so no chance of getting them in until Monday at the earliest and it takes two Police Officers out for a day instead of them doing something useful.

We have a backlog of 37,000 waiting for a Jury Trial and to manage numbers, many are released on Bail.

I do not agree with many on here about longer sentences.

I do believe in cause and effect.

Commit a crime and you are banged up straight away.

It is the same with illegals.

Years ago, when I was working Felixstowe, Ipswich and Harwich life was much simpler.

Not a single one was ever released on Bail.

We have gone backwards , which is not good.

I have no issue with Genuine Refugees, we have a good record with them, we take them direct from the Camps.

Illegals I have no time for at all.

I really am happy that I am now retired, it was doing my head in.

I know I critisize May and Boris and Pritti, they deserve it.

Things would have been much worse with Corbyn and Abbott.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2020, 10:07 AM

The Isle of Man is a corrupt offshore island the government of which swindled HMG out of MILLIONS of pounds by fiddling VAT rebates -and we're talking HUNDREDS of millions in full knowledge of what they were doing and HMG really should have sought reimbursement but didn't because if HMG has it would have left people on the island literally starving to death.

The Manx fiscal system is disgusting with a significant number of people loosing their life savings because of frankly illegal activities by Kaupthing, Singer & Friedlander bank on the Isle of Man which the Manx financial services agency should have reported - but didn't.

This is just one thing but there are many many more examples of --- financial irregularities. Google "The Paradise Papers" to learn VERY much more.

As for those motorcycle races, they are quite literally a human blood sport that the Manx government and a few local businesses benefit from but mostly other countries have to pick up the bill for injuries and deaths that take place. The roads used are incredibly dangerous in many parts being bounded by dry stone walls with precious little protection and injuries experienced by competitors include decapitation.

I used to visit the island when I was a kid for holidays back in the 50's when it was one step up from Blackpool but failure to continue to invest in tourism along with much better value from foreign holidays and investment in UK resorts saw the tourist trade tank. I had to visit a couple of times in 2008 and 2010.

It was dirty. Even the supposed five star hotels that I stayed in were dirty and one stank of urine in the reception area. That should have put me off but I was tired after a horrid flight from London.

There is so much more to be said about the horrid place nothing good apart from scenery but even that has gone down the tubes because of overbuilding of nasty little boxes and destruction of what anywhere else would have been preserved.

It's a good place to not go.
PSXtreme
Missouri, United States
PSXtreme is male 

03-05-2020, 01:36 AM

Unfortunately I see a lot of people not thinking outside of the box. Where this is done is immaterial. You can pick anyplace. It doesn't even have to be an island, just a large secured area. Death Valley really sounds like an opportune place. Just saying...

Anyway, you can turn this into a self-supporting revenue stream by simply taking a page from one of many examples - The Running Man, DeathRace, The Hunger Games, etc. - and turn this into the next big reality show. The advertising revenue alone should help finance most countries flailing justice & correction systems. You can even make it a National Competition where different countries send their worst criminals into a round robin battle royal where the winner gets a more comfortable remaining time of his/her life (we of course can't let these wack-jobs get a full pardon or back out into society). I don't think Pay-For-View will work, since we want this to be available to the masses, but it wouldn't be unheard of for those extra-special events.

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 08:47 AM

A bit like the Gladiators of old PSXtreme?..
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 09:53 AM

There is a simple answer as always. Hang them first and if they don't like it let them appeal after they are dead
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
There is a simple answer as always. Hang them first and if they don't like it let them appeal after they are dead
Hi

No. no and no.

It could happen to you and one of your family.

We even get DNA wrong from time to time.

How many have you killed?

I will not kill a captive, they are no longer a problem.

You would, but then you never have killed anyone, that is obvious from your posts.

You only kill to protect others.

That is how our Military and Enforcement Officers work.

We are not Nazis

We only kill when we have to.

People like you we would kill, that is what we are fighting against.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We have a big problem here.

There have been huge cuts to the Justice system, they are not cost effective.

Local Courts have been closed, which have caused delays.

GBH in Telford on a Thursday night, into Telford Court on Friday morning , they walk them there, underground, one is next to the other.

Banged up on remand in Prison Friday afternoon.

Now they have to take them to Kidderminster.

There is a waiting list there, so no chance of getting them in until Monday at the earliest and it takes two Police Officers out for a day instead of them doing something useful.

We have a backlog of 37,000 waiting for a Jury Trial and to manage numbers, many are released on Bail.

I do not agree with many on here about longer sentences.

I do believe in cause and effect.

Commit a crime and you are banged up straight away.

It is the same with illegals.

Years ago, when I was working Felixstowe, Ipswich and Harwich life was much simpler.

Not a single one was ever released on Bail.

We have gone backwards , which is not good.

I have no issue with Genuine Refugees, we have a good record with them, we take them direct from the Camps.

Illegals I have no time for at all.

I really am happy that I am now retired, it was doing my head in.

I know I critisize May and Boris and Pritti, they deserve it.

Things would have been much worse with Corbyn and Abbott.
A friend and neighbour was a JP. She retired from the Bench when "they" changed all this about for cost savings (forgetting she and her fellow volunteers had to find more and more petrol money - not all of which was refunded!).

As for BAIL, the Police are more likely to release someone without bail these days but with their case "still under investigation" to save time and money.
PSXtreme
Missouri, United States
PSXtreme is male 

04-05-2020, 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
A bit like the Gladiators of old PSXtreme?..
Sure. It's only an eventuality that is destined to happen. It would help to clean out the dregs, cut costs and create a revenue stream at the same time and provide entertainment for the masses.

Somebody needs to jump on it before Simon Cowell gets his grubby hands on it...after that, there will be 23 different spin-offs for every day of the week.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top