Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2020, 03:18 PM

Re: Welcome Back !......... Yes or No ?

Originally Posted by marciniak ->

Wow… just read most dangerous animal in the UK is the Cow, apparently they’re responsible for 74 deaths in the past 15 years.
By far the most dangerous animal on the planet - not just the UK - is Homo Sapiens!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2020, 03:31 PM

The best ever spaghetti al ragu (Bolognese to you lot ) I've ever eaten was made with wild boar meat rather than the usual 50/50 mix of minced beef and minced pork. Likewise, wild boar sausages are very tasty.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2020, 05:44 PM

The cows are dangerous around “uddersfield “ ....
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2020, 06:28 PM

Our lady Moos are dangerous if they have young, they go into protect mode chase first ask questions later. Even I'm not daft enough to go into the field where the calfs are.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2020, 06:34 PM

What a Boaring subject to talk about. Well someone had to say it!!!!!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2020, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by marciniak ->
Maybe being a city slicker, having seen films like “Razorback” and other such films with packs of Wolves hunting humans to eat, is why their re-introduction causes me concern.

We also had Bears ! ( do they want to bring them back ? )

I wonder why/how these animals became extinct to our land.

I’m thinking, they were hunted mainly because they were a danger to both farm animals and people alike.

I have read the increasing population of wild boar that roam The Forest of Dean has/is causing concerns.

Wow… just read most dangerous animal in the UK is the Cow, apparently they’re responsible for 74 deaths in the past 15 years.
Probably because dog walkers keep hold of the lead if chased by cows .
Cows are curious by nature and like to chase dogs .
Most dogs can out run a cow but humans cannot and are trampled trying to keep their dog with them .
If a cow chases you with a dog let go of the lead the dog will escape and take the heat of you .
If your dog doesn’t run them make a load noise and aggressive movements and cows will generally back off .
If not run like heck and hide behind a tree .
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2020, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Our lady Moos are dangerous if they have young, they go into protect mode chase first ask questions later. Even I'm not daft enough to go into the field where the calfs are.
I used to have to feed Highland cows with their calves, now that was fraught with danger, the cows had horns over a foot long & woe betide you if you got between a mum & her calf, which was hard not to do as their feed rack was halfway across the field. I used to run, throw the hay in & scuttle back as fast as I could. Only got caught once but that was enough, after that I refused to feed them. I'd rather face a stampede of wild horses.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2020, 08:55 PM

Most animals will give chase if you turn and run....Stand your ground and shout (it works with Mrs Fox)...Unless you think you can outrun the beast...Not likely....
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 11:54 AM

I am not doubting whats been posted about cows, but I have walked in fields with cows and thought nothing of it, kind of still do.......But... if I were now to find myself in a situation where I were to be chased by a cow...

Make no misteak I would moove pretty quick.
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Most animals will give chase if you turn and run....Stand your ground and shout (it works with Mrs Fox)...Unless you think you can outrun the beast...Not likely....

I have some recollection from my childhood, them times when stories like.

When your asleep, and in your dream.... You are climbing a tree/mountain, and you fall.... if you don't wake up before you hit the ground..... You'll wake up dead

Also I remember being told, Cows can't run down a stairs !!, thats because their front are a lot shorter than their back legs

So, are Cows fast.... and can they run down hill

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top