Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2020, 10:58 AM

Mobile phone ownership

Why do firms ask for a mobile phone number such as PayPal. I don't own one so it is very hard to log in to sites like this to check statements. Far better to have a security word I think .As for this new idea of virus tracking via an app on a mobile phone I wonder if the government are going to supply us with the phones? they are giving out money to companies like confetti
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2020, 11:03 AM

Re: Mobile phone ownership

Many companies (especially financial ones) send text messages which include temporary codes to confirm that you are trying to fulfill a transaction, or log into an account. This means that things can be carried out without having to actually speak to someone.

If you owned a mobile phone, you'd know this.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2020, 11:06 AM

But I don't own one, that is the point if you missed it.I can't afford to spend hundreds of pounds on something I would not use and huge monthly bills as well . I have to rely on my pension to get by on
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2020, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
But I don't own one, that is the point if you missed it.I can't afford to spend hundreds of pounds on something I would not use and huge monthly bills as well . I have to rely on my pension to get by on
Cut back on the cruising .....
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2020, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I'm aware of that, but am just explaining why companies tend to use phones for additional security checks.

Most companies also provide an alternative of sending links via emails as well/instead.

It's all far safer than speaking to someone on the phone who calls you up, and is far more cost effective.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

07-05-2020, 11:25 AM

Mobile phones can be bought very cheaply (less than £50) and contracts for £10pm are available.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2020, 11:27 AM

I hate giving out my mobile number but as mentioned you get nowhere at times online without one. As for the Track n Trace App, it is not going on my phone, no way do I trust the Government to use it as they say. If forced I'll download it onto my tablet only, as it never leaves the house so as far as they're concerned I'm at home.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2020, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Mobile phones can be bought very cheaply (less than £50) and contracts for £10pm are available.
That's a lot less than a European river cruise .....
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

07-05-2020, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Knock offs no doubt at that price and £10 a month is £120 a year a real con
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

07-05-2020, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
That's a lot less than a European river cruise .....
Looks as if the River cruise is not going to happen due to the virus

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top