Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2020, 12:23 PM

Re: Mobile phone ownership

Originally Posted by Davenorave ->
If your not particular which phone you have, they can be got for very little money these days. But the modern all bells and whistles type are expensive.
You can go sim free and pay as little as £5 pm. You don't need an expensive contract.

True .....

For £7 a month with Virgin (SIM only), I'm getting unlimited mobile calls, unlimited texts and (currently) 12GB data allowance .....
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2020, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
But I don't own one, that is the point if you missed it.I can't afford to spend hundreds of pounds on something I would not use and huge monthly bills as well . I have to rely on my pension to get by on

Every time I log into my Amazon account, they send me an email as a check. Does PP offer this facility?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2020, 12:42 PM

If you can't get past their "provide phone number" requirements online you might be able to get them to set it up by speaking to them direct as they'll have access to other options for special cases.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2020, 01:07 PM

I have a mobile phone which I only use occasionally for texts and when I am out in the car. I bought a Motorola phone from Tesco and have a sim card from TalkTalk my broadband provider for £3 per month. I get 200 minutes call time, unlimited texts and 250mb data.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2020, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
If you can't get past their "provide phone number" requirements online you might be able to get them to set it up by speaking to them direct as they'll have access to other options for special cases.
Just use your landline number. It's worked for me.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2020, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
I have a mobile phone which I only use occasionally for texts and when I am out in the car. I bought a Motorola phone from Tesco and have a sim card from TalkTalk my broadband provider for £3 per month. I get 200 minutes call time, unlimited texts and 250mb data.
All for the price of a cup of coffee …..

(or a tip for the tour guide and coach driver ..... )
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2020, 01:23 PM

I find it hard to believe that anybody still has a land line. Even taking into account initial purchase of a reasonable mobile phone, a mobile phone is so much cheaper to use and it is not stuck in your house.

Say the mobile phone lasts 3 years (they last longer) a reasonable one say Huawei P20 Lite costs $220 new and unlocked (there are plenty that are cheaper than that), say $3 a month, then there is $10 a month for unlimited domestic calls and texts and 2Gb data

That's $13 (£6.50) a month or $156 (£78) a year why on earth would you have a land line?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2020, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I find it hard to believe that anybody still has a land line. Even taking into account initial purchase of a reasonable mobile phone, a mobile phone is so much cheaper to use and it is not stuck in your house.

Say the mobile phone lasts 3 years (they last longer) a reasonable one say Huawei P20 Lite costs $220 new and unlocked (there are plenty that are cheaper than that), say $3 a month, then there is $10 a month for unlimited domestic calls and texts and 2Gb data

That's $13 (£6.50) a month or $156 (£78) a year why on earth would you have a land line?
I still have a landline and use it for anything important. I get a much better reception on it than on my mobile. Plus, I need it for my internet.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2020, 01:27 PM

I need the land line for my broadband. Besides we prefer using the land line phone.
I agree with Longdogs about the sound.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2020, 01:41 PM

My internet comes via the NBN and is a stand alone thing, there is no line rental and no need for a phone. I could have a phone at extra cost but why would I?

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top