Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 07:17 AM

Good morning Friday

Good morning from ‘out in the rural sticks’ to you all!

According to my calendar it's the Early May Bank Holiday today. Apparently it's been moved from the traditional Monday to a Friday to coincide with Europe Day, or VE Day:

https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays...y-bank-holiday

Chilly here this morning. A mainly fine day with warm, sunny spells but with scattered perhaps heavy, thundery showers is the forecast. Maximum temperature 24ºC.

Out in the garden again if the showers do not arrive, otherwise there are mundane chores indoors needing doing.

Enjoy your day everybody, whatever you may be doing.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 07:33 AM

Re: Good morning Friday

Good morning everybody.
I've got to make my weekly list for daughter Karen as she's doing a Sainsbury shop for me today.

We are in a steady routine now. I shall go in my home gym this morning & go a walk with Tony this afternoon. In between times we do some job or other. Today we're going to clean the shed out. A bit of housework & cooking to do as well of course..

Have a good day all.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 07:54 AM

It has been a lovely day here too 27°, just a perfect Autumn day.

Got in a good walk in this morning past the back of the local high school soccer grounds.

After a shower and some time in the garden I went shopping about 11am because I was running out of milk.

Can't complain about the weather this week at all though tomorrow is supposed to be cooler. Wouldn't mind a bit of rain but none is forecast for a while yet.

It is Mothers' Day on Sunday but with social gathering restrictions in place it will be a quite Sunday for most mothers.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-05-08 08.03.48.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	12532  
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 08:25 AM

Sitting at my desk I saw this gull through the widow, so gabbed a camera beside me. Quite pleased for a through the window shot albeit 1 photo at a slight angle

summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 08:53 AM

Good morning everyone and Happy VE day

Forecast a lovely sunny day here so I will definitely be out in the garden and a walk later .

Have a good day all....stay safe.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 08:56 AM

Good morning all, very mild here with some low cloud, and chance of showers later they say.

Just back from walking the dogs and having a brew before starting my list of jobs, starting with putting the comb through the dogs and then, as we have a pigeon plague around here, cleaning the car if the showers hold off.

Enjoy your day everyone
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 09:06 AM

Good morning everyone another beautiful day.

I am feeling a bit cross with my neighbour who is my age (71) and has a weird boyfriend who was outside lurking on our shared lawn at 8am when I returned from my walk with Chloe.
Yesterday I cleaned the back windows and went to do the front ones only to find the man sprawled on the lawn feet from my window so I had to leave the cleaning until he moved. Later he was in the back garden.
We have all had to make sacrifices for the good of all by obeying the lockdown rules , if we all did as we pleased the lockdown would have failed .

I might give the pyracantha a trim and cut the lawn . I hoped to make bread today but my yeast hasn't arrived, I don't think there is a post today or tomorrrow so it will be sitting in some sorting office for days and useless when it arrives. Thankfully I have some in the freezer if it is no good.

Enjoy your day
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 10:12 AM

Good morning all a lovely sunny day here...

My daughter and SIL brought my ordered plants round last evening. We have a perfect system now, they phone me when they are coming, I open the front door when I see their car and step right back, they put the plants on the doorstep and then retreat to outside the garden gate. I then chat to them from the doorstep. I long for the days when they can safely come in.

So today I’m going to be busy with the planting, back and front garden if I can.

Enjoy your day everyone and stay safe...
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 11:07 AM

Good morning Everyone.
Grey, cloudy & rain here, what a change from yesterday.
Not much doing as usual. I might tidy a draw or two.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 11:52 AM

Hi

Good Morning All.

Brilliant sunshine here.

Been out shopping, remarkably empty of people.

I have loads to do.

Have a good day all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top