Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 11:16 AM

Web cam recordings blocked on Chrome

I can no longer view Y-cam recordings on my laptop. I receive the message:
"Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from monitor.y-cam.com (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards)."

I'm using Chrome and I suspect that this might be due to recent changes in that browser.

Has anyone else noticed any such restrictions when trying to use a web cam?

I shall, of course, see if an update to Chrome is helpful (I can find no way of contacting Chrome directly). If not, perhaps I should go back to using Firefox.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 11:27 AM

Re: Web cam recordings blocked on Chrome

Webcams not working in Chrome

https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/2062037?hl=en

It seems that the issue has been present for a while - one of the user solutions may help.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 11:30 AM

No issues here to see webcams

Couple of things you might try. Check for malware- your anti virus and go into settings via 3 down dots on top right-Privacy and security- clear browsing data ( clear history, cookies,.cache and more)- and pick which box you want to clear
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
No issues here to see webcams

Couple of things you might try. Check for malware- your anti virus and go into settings via 3 down dots on top right-Privacy and security- clear browsing data ( clear history, cookies,.cache and more)- and pick which box you want to clear
Thanks. I've set it to clear history and cache so far. If that doesn't work, I'll clear cookies too.

If nothing works, I already have Firefox so it might prove quicker and easier to use that in future. Just a matter of transferring my usual tabs (including OFF!).
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

08-05-2020, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Webcams not working in Chrome

https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/2062037?hl=en

It seems that the issue has been present for a while - one of the user solutions may help.
Thanks. I had a look at that.
I'm not sure it's been a problem for any length of time; mine worked perfectly until today.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

08-05-2020, 12:20 PM

I have tried the easiest options, including clearing Chrome history, to no effect.

I'm not prepared to run about after Chrome if they cannot deliver the service I'm used to, so have opened Firefox again and assigned all my usual tabs.

Needless to say, I can view the Humax camera recordings on Firefox without any problems, so I shall not bother with Chrome now.

I shall keep an eye on Chrome, though, just in case they decide to put their software right again. A shame, as they've been very good for years now.
It's also a shame that I cannot contact them directly to ask for their help.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I shall keep an eye on Chrome, though, just in case they decide to put their software right again. A shame, as they've been very good for years now.
It's also a shame that I cannot contact them directly to ask for their help.
Have you tried browsing the link I supplied?

Also, you could try Google Chrome Help:

https://support.google.com/chrome#topic=9796470
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

08-05-2020, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Have you tried browsing the link I supplied?

Also, you could try Google Chrome Help:

https://support.google.com/chrome#topic=9796470
Yes, thanks Omah.

I did try your earlier link and found nothing useful.

I have also just tried this Google Chrome Help site, giving a brief description of the problem. The only response I received was 'nothing found'!

As I said, much easier and quicker to ditch Chrome for now and use Firefox instead. The one drawback with Firefox is that I seem unable to set up a 'bookmarks' page which is as well laid out as the Chrome one, so I'll use that as well!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

08-05-2020, 01:36 PM

One that looks promising is:

2/13/20

I have found a fix!

Search (win+S) 'Microphone privacy settings'

Check 'Microphone access for this device is On/Off'

Change to 'On'

Then scroll down to 'Allow desktop apps to access your microphone'

Turn 'On'
It solved the problem for many users.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

08-05-2020, 01:45 PM

Thanks again, Omah.

I had another look through the link you mentioned and found this procedure from one of the contributors:

Add a command line switch (CLS) to the desktop shortcut of Chrome:
completely close Chrome​
​How to close Chrome completely:
close all windows of Chrome
open the Windows Task Manager [ctrl + shift + esc]
if you see any open Chrome processes (chrome.exe), end them
right click the desktop icon of Chrome
click 'properties'
insert the CLS at the right end of the target field (also copy the leading space):
--enable-features=RunVideoCaptureServiceInBrowserProcess
click the "OK" button

It didn't work inserting the words in the 'target field', but I tried again loading it into the 'comments' field, which seems to have worked.

Thanks again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top