Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 09:54 PM

Re: What's happened to my Caret?

I've a black border too when sending messages and posting replies. In fact things seem to look different somehow. The cursor keeps vanishing too.

Have we got a virus (please not THAT virus ) or had an upgrade?

mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 10:29 PM

As alluded to earlier, the effect seems browser based. It happens for me in Chrome and MS Edge (both Chrome-based browsers) but not in Firefox. It doesn't stop the post box from working though. Just ignore it?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
As alluded to earlier, the effect seems browser based. It happens for me in Chrome and MS Edge (both Chrome-based browsers) but not in Firefox. It doesn't stop the post box from working though. Just ignore it?
Mart, it's just one feels one has to enquire if anything could be wrong, especially as it's a new 'thing'. Besides, you know us oldies don't like change
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 10:54 PM

I'd suspect an update to the browser. It's likely that if one chrome-based browser has a code update, then then all browsers based on Chrome would get the update. An exception to this is Vivaldi at the moment.

I can only comment on what I find and see myself though.

(I'm quite an oldie too. )
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

29-05-2020, 11:07 PM

I'd suspect an update to the browser. It's likely that if one chrome-based browser has a code update, then then all browsers based on Chrome would get the update. An exception to this is Vivaldi at the moment.

Pleased to you meet you oldie

You know such a lot about technology Mart, I probably know about a teaspoon's worth (and that overstating it). Technology confuses me.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

29-05-2020, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Pleased to you meet you oldie

You know such a lot about technology Mart, I probably know about a teaspoon's worth (and that overstating it). Technology confuses me.
I wish that was true. I'm a yesterday man now.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 12:38 AM

I'm replying while logged in using IE11 - the caret is visible and there is no black border around the text entry box.

IE11 is just a reserve browser to me so I'll return to Chrome …..
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

30-05-2020, 08:51 AM

This is a screenshot of the text entry box in Firefox. No black border but an always visible carrot..

I notice with the chrome-based browsers, the black border only appears when the mouse is clicked inside the text entry box. Click outside of the box and the black border goes away. Maybe it's just a way of letting you know that the cursor is focussed on the box?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 09:49 AM

This is a screenshot of the text entry box in Firefox. No black border but an always visible carrot..

I notice with the chrome-based browsers, the black border only appears when the mouse is clicked inside the text entry box. Click outside of the box and the black border goes away. Maybe it's just a way of letting you know that the cursor is focussed on the box?
The Trouble is Mart, you don't know which line you're on when you start writing......
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

30-05-2020, 11:09 AM

LD mentioned that OFF is the only place this is happening and it has only started recently. I don't know what the results would be of going around lots of forums with different browsers. A bit time-consuming to try it.

No changes to the forum have been made as far as we know and there is no fault as such, otherwise I'm sure Azz and the Moderators would have been on to it.

I *suspect* it is as I thought in the first place. A combination of how the forum software is responding to browser updates. If so, the browser updates probably won't be reverted. Newer forum software would be costly and might require more of us to donate for it to happen.

The look of this forum is maybe part of its attraction. I wouldn't like to see it changed personally. If something has changed that is beyond Azz's control, or the only way to get the appearance and behaviour as it was is to upgrade the software, I think I'd rather put up with the borders etc.

I could be totally wrong of course.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top