Swannie148 is male 

19-06-2020, 04:46 AM

Inventions That Change Our Lives.

#1 The Ultrasound Scanner

#2 Black Box Flight Recorder

#3 Wi-Fi.

#4 GPS Mapping

#5 Medical Nano-patches.

These and dozens more inventions have one common denominator. They were all innovated by Australian scientific R&D..
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2020, 05:32 AM

Re: Inventions That Change Our Lives.

Originally Posted by Swannie148 ->
#1 The Ultrasound Scanner

#2 Black Box Flight Recorder

#3 Wi-Fi.

#4 GPS Mapping

#5 Medical Nano-patches.

These and dozens more inventions have one common denominator. They were all innovated by Australian scientific R&D..
More than any other semi-recent inventions I can think of, Wi-Fi has had the biggest impact on the worlds population.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2020, 07:22 AM

Yes Swannie148, its amazing what Poms can achieve, wherever they decide to settle on this planet.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2020, 07:59 AM

The Didgeridoo

Wine in a Box

The Electric Sheep Shearer

Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2020, 08:00 AM

Cancer.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2020, 08:26 AM

I think you're right saying the internet that really has had an impact and changed most people's lives. Makes you wonder what future inventions could have the same impact....there will be some but we might not be around to see them

I would like a beam me up Scottie button
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2020, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I think you're right saying the internet that really has had an impact and changed most people's lives. Makes you wonder what future inventions could have the same impact....there will be some but we might not be around to see them

I would like a beam me up Scottie button
How about a 'beam me back Scottie' button? Now that might be interesting!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2020, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
How about a 'beam me back Scottie' button? Now that might be interesting!
Oh yes Baz..for sure
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2020, 10:04 AM

All good inventions Swannie. There are some clever people in Australia and there's nothing wrong in wanting to point that out. Have you tried looking for British inventions that changed the World, or for inventions made by other developed countries?

Other nations invented items that were quite technical for their time and each generation builds on the knowledge of previous ones. For instance, what would have been the point of the wi-fi we have today without the Internet being invented first? Would the Internet have been possible without the previously developed electronics being there to run it?

Valves to transistors to integrated circuits to microchips ..and so on. The inventions you have mentioned were made possible by these. Who knows (without research) what nationalities were involved in developing them? I mean, nobody starts from scratch do they?

Thanks to Australia for the inventions but lets not forget the knowledge and innovations developed by many nations in the World that make newer ones possible ..whoever gets credited with them.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2020, 10:09 AM

A BIG thanks from me for the Barbeque and Sheila's.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top