Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 11:25 AM

Re: It’s all getting a bit silly ...

Oh! and a piper......

Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
From an ex-Labour MP: TBH had not noticed, how sad that individuals are likely to trawl through everything in order to make ludicrous connection to racism. A cereal packet for pity's sake.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9568081.html

No one takes any notice of that disgraceful liar.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Those were the days OGF, probably around a decade before this one was released:

Yea, that sounds about right Baz, I would have been eight in 1958 and well before all this nonsense about BLM came about. Life seemed so much simpler then, no EU and no pressure to do well at school; probably why I'm such a dunce now!......Good song too Baz....
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Yea, that sounds about right Baz, I would have been eight in 1958 and well before all this nonsense about BLM came about. Life seemed so much simpler then, no EU and no pressure to do well at school; probably why I'm such a dunce now!......Good song too Baz....
Me too OGF! However, we both got through all that, made a decent living and survived to tell the tale! All good as far as I am concerned.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 11:45 AM

Getting silly?

It was incredibly stupid from the start.

ALL LIVES MATTER!
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
What with talk about banning Swing high Sweet Chariot at football matches ..,, and now it’s goodbye Uncle Ben on rice packets .
There are so many opportunities for offence taking and even more for virtue signalling .
I wonder if this country will ever get off its knees .
The trouble here is that company's are giving in instead of telling them to bog off.
The people in general I would bet are not bothered one bit about these minor things.
I would certainly carry on singing songs I like to sing and as for buying rice or other produce if I like it I will buy it no matter what they are called Uncle Bens or Aunt Bessies don't make any difference to me.
Quite simply company's are weak and its about time they grew some.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
From an ex-Labour MP: TBH had not noticed, how sad that individuals are likely to trawl through everything in order to make ludicrous connection to racism. A cereal packet for pity's sake.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9568081.html
Why is anyone giving this *expletive* any credence at all?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
What with talk about banning Swing high Sweet Chariot at football matches ..,, and now it’s goodbye Uncle Ben on rice packets .
There are so many opportunities for offence taking and even more for virtue signalling .
I wonder if this country will ever get off its knees .
The Americans are up in arms too about demands for a `black mamma` type image on one of their favourite brands of syrup to be removed. A decades old image that is known and loved throughout the country apparently.

Things are getting increasingly stupid.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Why is anyone giving this *expletive* any credence at all?
Indeed, some comments from article suggest this is plain daft, a diversion from serious problems.

“Seriously stop looking for things, it is getting embarrassing now,” “The reality is we’re fighting too many battles that aren’t really there.”
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 03:20 PM

I still have Gollie badges & cuddly Gollies.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top