Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2020, 12:40 PM

Four Years Ago Today

In case you've all forgotten, today is the fourth anniversary of the Referendum on the UK's membership of the EU. I'll never forget the look on the faces of BBC reporters and their guest politicians when the result was announced. Priceless.

Of course, poor losers have tried to thwart the democratic result of the Referendum ever since and are continuing to do so. Our exit is finally within our reach and if Boris mucks it up, he will betray all the millions who voted for him and the Tories will never be in power again.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2020, 12:46 PM

Re: Four Years Ago Today

. I'll never forget the look on the faces of BBC reporters and their guest politicians when the result was announced. Priceless.

As was David Cameron's reaction to democracy in action!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2020, 12:51 PM

Four years ago, really? What on earth have our political class been messing about at since.... if we didn't know....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2020, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
In case you've all forgotten, today is the fourth anniversary of the Referendum on the UK's membership of the EU. I'll never forget the look on the faces of BBC reporters and their guest politicians when the result was announced. Priceless.

Of course, poor losers have tried to thwart the democratic result of the Referendum ever since and are continuing to do so. Our exit is finally within our reach and if Boris mucks it up, he will betray all the millions who voted for him and the Tories will never be in power again.
And we are still not free from eurofilth - how disgraceful and demoralizing is that?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2020, 01:04 PM

Ditto to both your comments.

We both went to bed expecting a remain win, after the vote from Gibraltar was announced.

Delighted when we saw this on TV.

Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2020, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Ditto to both your comments.

We both went to bed expecting a remain win, after the vote from Gibraltar was announced.

Delighted when we saw this on TV.

Tee Hee...
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2020, 01:20 PM

Yes, I noted the date and the anniversary too

But perhaps like many people, I'm so angry, bitter, and frustrated by the various acts of treachery and subversion that I'm just keeping my head down, and will only believe we're out when it happens
Davenorave
Wales
Davenorave is male  Davenorave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2020, 01:38 PM

You say the "Conservatives will never be in power again" They shouldn't be in power now, but what choice was there in reality. Corbyn! I don't think so.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2020, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->

Yes & it was a few months since my OH died. He would have loved the result, but never got the chance to vote.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2020, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
Yes, I noted the date and the anniversary too

But perhaps like many people, I'm so angry, bitter, and frustrated by the various acts of treachery and subversion that I'm just keeping my head down, and will only believe we're out when it happens
Surprise! You are out.
What you have witnessed the last half year is just business as usual in international (trade) politics.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top