Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2020, 08:47 AM

Re: Good morning Thursday

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Good morning all another swelter of a day ahead, another day of over 30° again. All windows are open, back and front door open to let what breeze there is through the house.

I managed to finish off trimming the back hedge yesterday but it was an effort in the heat.

I had a lovely surprise last evening and it seems I have been awarded a Good Gardens Award 2020 for our district. 😊 I was given a sticker to ‘stick’ on the window if I so wished!

Enjoy your day everyone, don’t forget the sun screen.....
Wow Mags, how exciting and what a nice surprise, and so, the question is, to stick the sticker or not to stick the sticker... well, have you.....
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2020, 09:10 AM

Good morning all, Congratulations Mags. Have a good day all, stay cool and safe and well. God bless.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2020, 09:55 AM

Good morning everyone it is already very hot here .

I have picked some leaves for lunch and after I have prepared a variety of salads I want to take Chloe out early for a walk before I do some house work.

Enjoy your day.

Well done Mags a worthy winner
Originally Posted by Mags ->
I had a lovely surprise last evening and it seems I have been awarded a Good Gardens Award 2020 for our district. 😊 I was given a sticker to ‘stick’ on the window if I so wished!

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2020, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Swannie148 ->
Mags no air conditioning or even roof insulation against the heat. I asked Barry how he coped with the out of character heatwave conditions past two summers. How are you coping?
We don't have these excessively hot days often Swannie so we put up with it as best we can ..... finding shady spots, drinking plenty of water ..... and 'praying' for rain!
Then when the rain comes we wish the hot weather was back!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2020, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Wow Mags, how exciting and what a nice surprise, and so, the question is, to stick the sticker or not to stick the sticker... well, have you.....
It was a nice surprise Barry ...... and the decision has been made, no, the sticker will not be stuck in my window!
It will probably be stuck in a drawer and forgotten!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

25-06-2020, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Moyra ->
Good morning all, Congratulations Mags. Have a good day all, stay cool and safe and well. God bless.
Thank you Moyra.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

25-06-2020, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Good morning everyone it is already very hot here .

I have picked some leaves for lunch and after I have prepared a variety of salads I want to take Chloe out early for a walk before I do some house work.

Enjoy your day.

Well done Mags a worthy winner
Thanks Meg..
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2020, 03:52 PM

1½km walked this morning to get my meds from our local pharmacy. I did it in ½hr, which was a lot faster than I thought it would take . Now all I have to do is let all my leg muscles recover in time for Saturday's walk.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top