Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2020, 05:23 PM

Re: Dodgy domain names

Relying on provided email software to automatically filter all unwanted messages will always be unsatisfactory.

If the sender uses random addresses then reporting each message as spam will have no future effect.

If the domain name remains constant then most email software has filter functions which can be "programmed" to detect incoming mail from a domain name and deal with it as required. I have utilised Gmail filters for ALL of my email to label and colour-code the sender/contents and dispose of unwanted messages.

MS Outlook provides a similar facility:

How to Filter Email in Outlook to Skip the Inbox

https://www.laptopmag.com/uk/article...ook-skip-inbox

Also:

Manage email messages by using rules

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...7-a50704d66c59

In Gmail, for example I would set up a rule :

Matches: from: (*@ufx.com)
Do this: Mark as read, Delete it, Never send it to Spam

Where "*" is a wild card meaning anything before the "@".
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 11:45 AM

Thank you Omah. You put me onto the right track. Armed with the fictitious domain names I have set up a Rule to send every incoming email containing the offending domain names into the junk folder. I have checked up by comparing my inbox with my junk box. Annoying problem solved.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Magoo ->
Thank you Omah. You put me onto the right track. Armed with the fictitious domain names I have set up a Rule to send every incoming email containing the offending domain names into the junk folder. I have checked up by comparing my inbox with my junk box. Annoying problem solved.
Simple but effective .....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top