Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 12:47 PM

Re: Trash and the poop dog wars

Hi

Austerity has meant that many Councils no longer have the money to deal with the problem.

There is a simple way of providing the funds

An annual Dog Tax of £100 a year per dog, this tax would include Insurance so dogs are not a burden on the NHS.

I have to pay for a fishing licence, so why not a dog licence?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

An annual Dog Tax of £100 a year per dog, this tax would include Insurance so dogs are not a burden on the NHS.
Dogs don't use the NHS.

... so why not a dog licence?
That was tried - and it didn't work. Cost more to administer than it was worth in revenue.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Muddy, may I suggest someone takes a picture of this ignorant bloke and his dogs, then contacts the local dog warden or council. They are obliged to deal with it.

It explains better here:

https://sites.google.com/site/fidoin...orting-fouling
Mups the bloke is intimidating .
I always go out with a camera but have yet to see him he has taken to going out very early ( due to my Campaign on the village Facebook Site ) sometimes his children take the dogs out they are every bit as ignorant as their Papa.
I don’t ( thank goodness ) live close to them
I rang the council . There are only two dog wardens in the country of wiltshire - and wiltshire is huge .
I had emailed them previously .
You have to catch them in the act .
You can’t take pictures of children ( not unless you really want to be in deep doo dah )
The council woman was hopeless she said they only come out if they have sufficient evidence .She suggested I re email them I said why do t you just pass on my complaint she said they don’t do that !
Maybe I will send them some pictures of the poop ,
I have emailed the Parish council and urged others to do so .
The people who live near this man want a peaceful ( if smelly life ) so what to do ?

Thank you for the link .
It says that local councils have a duty to clean it up I will contact them again and see what they have to saY about this .
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Austerity has meant that many Councils no longer have the money to deal with the problem.

There is a simple way of providing the funds

I have to pay for a fishing licence, so why not a dog licence?
No Swimmy, I really disagree with that. Simply because the only ones that suffer when it comes to paying fees for dogs, are the dogs themselves. How many irresponsible people will pay the licence fee when they first buy a puppy, only to think that the following year they either cannot afford it or it is a waste of money and the dog is a ruddy nuisance and no way are they going to fork out £100 every year for them. Next thing they are receiving letters to say Pay up or else! so innocent dog gets dumped !
Dog licences have never worked.
Microchipping was a good thing.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 01:35 PM

Rubbing their noses in the poop would be the best deterrent .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 01:36 PM

I have to say that where I live I haven't seen any dog poo in the last 30 years.... yet 30 or more people pass my house when walking their dog each day.

It isn't the dogs fault, or the council, it is objectionable people who show no respect for others.
If they have a problem picking up their dogs mess perhaps they shouldn't own a dog, but I am grateful that i live among people who do show respect for their neighbours.

Even my cats now come inside if they need to go and cat litter trays are always available for them! I just wish somebody would train the local foxes!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
In the nearby small country town they have a similar problem .
There is a river and people go and picnic and leave bag loads of trash .
They also have a dog poop problem .
A 15 year old boy has taken it upon himself to clean up the place and he has done great work .
However in one place plagued by dog poop he made out of an old wheelie bin a dog poop disposal bin .
The residents were delighted and the poop situation improved .
But then ....
The council made them take it away saying he had no licence to put up a dog poop bin .
You really couldn’t make it up !

You have to remember that the Council is where the morons rule. I mean if you need a dickhead urgently, ring the Council, they have plenty on their books.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 01:48 PM

Are we sure it's dog crap? It could always be a BLM mob that started to melt in the heat!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 01:52 PM

There are signs up all around here stating that it is an offence not to pick up dog poo but many people take no notice. Same goes for the sign saying dogs should be on a lead.
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 02:24 PM

Touch wood it’s not that bad here, or where we go I should say.

I have often wondered if private companies could act for the local authorities, with the fines resulting from successful prosecutions, being payment for their services

I’m sure such companies would be more than keen, and would surely offer a Bonus scheme to their employees.

I bet such companies would create lots of animosity but, apart from the Dog pounds filling up….. I’m sure our streets, parks etc would be cleaner places

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top