Join for free
Page 11 of 13 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 02:20 PM

Re: Stabbing incident Glasgow.

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
They are going to find it chilly in Scotland .
Send them back. Every bloody one of them. If they were bonafide refugees they would be kissing our feet for being allowed to even be here.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Send them back. Every bloody one of them. If they were bonafide refugees they would be kissing our feet for being allowed to even be here.
I heard the Guy who went berserk in Glasgow did so because He was told the day before He was to be deported...don't know if that's true or not.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
More than 200 Syrian refugees are beginning a new life in Scotland after arriving on a chartered flight at Glasgow Airport.

They have been brought to Scotland as part of the UK government's Vulnerable Persons Resettlement (VPR) scheme.

The families have been taken in by councils including Dundee, Edinburgh, Fife, Glasgow, Inverclyde, Argyll and Bute and North and South Ayrshire.

More than 1,200 Syrian refugees have already been resettled in Scotland.

Immigration minister Robert Goodwill said: "The humanitarian crisis in Syria is unprecedented which is why we decided to undertake one of the largest resettlement schemes in the UK's history.

"I am very grateful to the local authorities, community groups and individuals across Scotland who have helped to provide these vulnerable people with a safe environment and the chance to rebuild their lives."

'Meeting its commitment'

Hundreds of flights carrying Syrians escaping their country's civil war have arrived in the UK over the past 18 months.

More than 5,500 refugees have been resettled in the UK under the scheme so far and around a fifth of them have been found homes in Scotland.

The UK government said it remains on track to meet its commitment of resettling 20,000 Syrians by 2020.

In addition to the VPR scheme, the government has also committed to accepting up to 3,000 vulnerable children and family members directly from the Middle East and North Africa.
Thanks for the info May! I would never have known what is REALLY
going on in the uk without you?
So i seems we are being ruled by two separate governments at the
same time??
One that has committed to reducing immigration and one that is
even more committed to increasing it!!
I believe the elected government is currently supposed to be in
charge,with a mandate to reduce immigration!
Why then are schemes inaugurated years ago STILL being
implemented i n contravention of the current governments mandate?
Is there a rogue gov dept operating clandestinely within government?
It would seem so, considering the half hearted attempts to stem
the inward flow of so called asylum seekers at the other end of
the country?
They must let Cummings have his way with this old guard civil
service imo!!!

Donkeyman! 👎👎😟👎👎
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 02:51 PM

complain by sending an email to:
Complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

This is Your first port of call...good luck.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 02:52 PM

Apparently, another possible stabbing has taken place in Glasgow near the first incident. Someone has been seen covered in blood.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/crime/...centre-2897492
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 02:58 PM

I heard the Guy who went berserk in Glasgow did so because He was told the day before He was to be deported...don't know if that's true or not.
It is an age old fighting technique of the Sudanese to go Berserk
May!
It is intended to intimidate their enemies!!
You will soon have thousands of fuzzy haired whirling dervishes
in scottish kilts whirling through the streets with an 18inch knife
in each hand!!
I can only endorse Todgies policy of rescind all previous promises
and SEND THEM BACK! as a matter of urgency!!

Donkeyman! 😟😟😟😟
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

28-06-2020, 02:58 PM

Police launch murder probe after man ‘stabbed’ in South Yorkshire town

Police have launched a murder investigation after a man died in Barnsley.

I wonder how many more stabbings in the UK over the weekend.!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

28-06-2020, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
It is an age old fighting technique of the Sudanese to go Berserk
May!
It is intended to intimidate their enemies!!
You will soon have thousands of fuzzy haired whirling dervishes
in scottish kilts whirling through the streets with an 18inch knife
in each hand!!
I can only endorse Todgies policy of rescind all previous promises
and SEND THEM BACK! as a matter of urgency!!

Donkeyman! ��������
Yer imagination's running riot again DM...My link shows that just 1/5th of the refugees came to Scotland,so the thousands of other 'whirling dervishes' will be in the rest of the UK..England/Wales/NI...better check the hotels near You
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 03:12 PM

More than 200 Syrian refugees are beginning a new life in Scotland after arriving on a chartered flight at Glasgow Airport.

They have been brought to Scotland as part of the UK government's Vulnerable Persons Resettlement (VPR) scheme.

The families have been taken in by councils including Dundee, Edinburgh, Fife, Glasgow, Inverclyde, Argyll and Bute and North and South Ayrshire.

More than 1,200 Syrian refugees have already been resettled in Scotland.

Immigration minister Robert Goodwill said: "The humanitarian crisis in Syria is unprecedented which is why we decided to undertake one of the largest resettlement schemes in the UK's history.

"I am very grateful to the local authorities, community groups and individuals across Scotland who have helped to provide these vulnerable people with a safe environment and the chance to rebuild their lives."

'Meeting its commitment'

Hundreds of flights carrying Syrians escaping their country's civil war have arrived in the UK over the past 18 months.

More than 5,500 refugees have been resettled in the UK under the scheme so far and around a fifth of them have been found homes in Scotland.

The UK government said it remains on track to meet its commitment of resettling 20,000 Syrians by 2020.

In addition to the VPR scheme, the government has also committed to accepting up to 3,000 vulnerable children and family members directly from the Middle East and North Africa.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...-west-39299312
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

28-06-2020, 03:18 PM

As in #98 Mags.

Page 11 of 13 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top