Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 11:55 AM

Re: Traits,Habits, Quirks and Superstitions

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Oh Art emeralds are so beautiful . As you can tell I'm not superstitious at all . It's honestly all in the mind . I would love an opal ring the colours so pretty and I adore Pearls. Love emeralds too .

It's funny how I love them all and just realised I dont have any
Susan, Nothing beats a diamond for me. All the other gems are the poor cousins!
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Touch wood, I’m not superstitious...

Now that gave me a good chuckle

Love your humour Primus
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 01:28 PM

I must confess there are many superstitions mentioned that I have not heard of before.

Poor Artangel, gosh... I understand now when you say to many to mention.

I know a few who chuck salt over their shoulder if they had spilt it over.

Some of these superstitions, sound like something I would relate to Witchcraft
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
LQ, l was once going out with someone who’s dad won a lot of money on the Pools. His dad said he had been lucky because a bird did a splat on his car!
With the number of times I've had to clean gull splat off our windows, why aren't I rolling in dosh?

Something I learned on telly the other night but can't remember which programme I was watching (Eggheads, I think): We are born with only two innate fears: the fear of falling and the fear of loud sounds.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I ALWAYS panic if I see on magpie and I have say 'good morning/evening Mr Magpie and I smile to myself if I see two together. Ridiculous really and I have no idea why I do that, I don't recall my Mother doing it but it must have come from somewhere.

Shoes on table is another.

I rarely walk under a ladder unless I'm feeling brave.

I always remember when I was about 13 my friend and I walking up to school and a bird chit on her head, it went 'splat' literally, it was so funny but I remember saying 'oooh you are in for some good luck' Eh, why the heck is bird crap associated with good luck LOL
It was lucky it wasn't you.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top