Join for free
Takahashi
United Kingdom
Takahashi is male  Takahashi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 02:18 PM

Wallpapering external corner

Papering a hallway and there's an external corner. So the corner is round which isn't a problem but about two feet from the ceiling it becomes a square corner. The good news is the paper is not patterned. Is it best to cut the paper horizontally and treat as two sections or is there another method of doing this?

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200702_083342_001.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	13095  
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 02:56 PM

Re: Wallpapering external corner

That's an awkward one. I have not seen or papered a corner like that before. If I was doing it, I think I would paste the paper around the curve by about an inch, doing my best to mould the paper into the bit where it becomes square, then overlap the next strip almost up to the sharp corner, overlapping and cutting through both strips with a sharp knife. Whichever way you do it, it will be difficult. Might be a case of trial and error. Perhaps you could practice with some off cuts first.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 04:04 PM

I can't tell on that photo is it sideways?
Takahashi
United Kingdom
Takahashi is male  Takahashi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's an awkward one. I have not seen or papered a corner like that before. If I was doing it, I think I would paste the paper around the curve by about an inch, doing my best to mould the paper into the bit where it becomes square, then overlap the next strip almost up to the sharp corner, overlapping and cutting through both strips with a sharp knife. Whichever way you do it, it will be difficult. Might be a case of trial and error. Perhaps you could practice with some off cuts first.

The house was built in 1909 or 1910 - census records indicate no one was living there in 1910 but there was someone in the house next door. Anyway, I think it was a design feature back then. I did put a strip up but took down again because I wasn't happy with it. The section which divides the two parts is also problematic as it is like a 4 inch dent. The photo doesn't quite bring it out.* Like you say, maybe some practice until I've cracked it. Thanks.
Takahashi
United Kingdom

02-07-2020, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I can't tell on that photo is it sideways?
Not sure why it went sideways when I uploaded it.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top