Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 04:19 AM

On the road again ???

Ever since I was a little kid, I've had a hard time staying put. I always needed to know what was on the other side of the mountain. I hear the forest calling to me again. Each day that passes the call becomes louder.

Yes, there are certain advantages to living in the city and at my age good medical care is at the top of that list. However, I need another adventure. There are so many great trout fishing spots in The Sierra Nevada Mountains. So many big trees whispering for me to smell their sweet fragrance. So many places where I can be literally a hundred miles from the nearest human. Oh, how I long to sit under the starry night and poke the fire with a stick.

My road to happiness. Yes, indeed. Something calls to me.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	something calls.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	13143  
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 06:13 AM

Re: On the road again ???

Sounds like you have the itchy feet syndrome, Bakerman. Anywhere definite in mind?
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Sounds like you have the itchy feet syndrome, Bakerman. Anywhere definite in mind?

Oh, yes. To the High Sierra Mountains in Northern California. Including a long stopover in the Redwoods, just like in the photo, above.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Ever since I was a little kid, I've had a hard time staying put. I always needed to know what was on the other side of the mountain. I hear the forest calling to me again. Each day that passes the call becomes louder.

Yes, there are certain advantages to living in the city and at my age good medical care is at the top of that list. However, I need another adventure. There are so many great trout fishing spots in The Sierra Nevada Mountains. So many big trees whispering for me to smell their sweet fragrance. So many places where I can be literally a hundred miles from the nearest human. Oh, how I long to sit under the starry night and poke the fire with a stick.

My road to happiness. Yes, indeed. Something calls to me.
Just watch out for Bigfoot baker man ...
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 08:12 AM

Can I come with you Bakerman...just taking off and following the trail sounds good to me
bakerman
Mexico

06-07-2020, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Can I come with you Bakerman...just taking off and following the trail sounds good to me

If you like fresh trout, sure why not.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rays.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	13145   Click image for larger version

Name:	underwater-brownie-2.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	13146  
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 09:29 AM

Sounds good to me BM, I'm just off to pack a bag....
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 10:49 AM

Bakerman, are you going on your own?

I ask because you enjoy chatting on here, so you don't seem like a loner, and a companion would be useful if you were ill or had an accident.
I am sure you have done this before & the trip sounds wonderful so i hope you really enjoy it!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Am with you 100%. I was supposed to be travelling with my son to Darwin and/or Uluru in April/May but because of the pandemic could not go.

Even now with the state borders shut there is no chance of heading north to warmer climes. The Queensland border is supposed to open this month but with the Victorian border just closed I am not sure if this will happen.

Even when the northern border does open there is so much pent up demand to travel north I thnik even the backroads will be grid locked when the rush north starts.

At the moment I am looking for any relief and am thinking of just driving west over the range for a few nights in the central west of NSW just staying in a motel. I just need to get away despite the cold.
bakerman
Mexico

06-07-2020, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Bakerman, are you going on your own?

I ask because you enjoy chatting on here, so you don't seem like a loner, and a companion would be useful if you were ill or had an accident.
I am sure you have done this before & the trip sounds wonderful so i hope you really enjoy it!
At heart, I am a true loner. When I went to Egypt, I did so completely alone and without any tour group. When traveling, I like to move at my own chosen speed. Actually, I had a good laugh when inside the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities. I was enthralled with a particular stone statue and I had propped myself against a wall, with my Egyptian art books spread on the floor in front of me, while I gazed in admiration at the statue. Must have spent 30 minutes soaking it in. Periodically, tour groups were hustled by, spending no more than 1 minute looking at the statue. Sheeple and their shepherd.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top