Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Agent
north east
Agent is male  Agent has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 09:29 AM

Re: Good Morning Monday

Morning all
Caravan sites are open so jolly well oft to Whitby later, don't care if the weather's a bit iffy
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 11:07 AM

good morning, it's a better day here....cloudy a bit windy but no rain.
we're off to look after our grandson later.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Good morning everyone a sunny start but we still have the strong damaging wind.

I have finally decided to have a brown bin and to pay for a garden waste collection. I have been using my compost bin so far and storing woody items but the bin it is getting full and with shrubs to cut back I really need some way to dispose of the debris. The tip I use 5 miles away only opens 3 days a week and the C19 restrictions mean long cues and mixing with a lot of people so in spite of the cost I decided this is the best option. It will cost £72 or 6 pounds a month so If I offset this with the petrol used it doesn't seem quite so bad.

So I can now go ahead and tidy some woody shrubs knowing I am able to get rid of the waste.

Enjoy your day

Good morning all.

Gosh Meg, your brown bin is quite a lot dearer than mine.
Our local council charge £55 per year, or two x 6 monthly payments of £27.50.

I use mine a lot this time of year, but hardly ever over the winter, but they won't let us only have it for 6 months only.

The wind is slowly calming down at last, but it has just started to rain now.

Waiting in for an important phone call, then after that I will be free to nip to the shops.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 11:28 AM

Good Morning.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 12:27 PM

Nearly time for bed for me. Another cold but sunny day and not much rain in sight.

Finally unpacked my new computer and have started to set it up at last.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 03:50 PM

No mains water today until about an hour ago because of a leak. Turns out it was the old standpipe used by the builders that built this apartment block 22 years ago. It hadn't been capped off, just twisted around until the water stopped flowing, then the hole filled in and tarred over. Now it's been properly capped off at a cost of nearly £900 inc VAT to our Management Company

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top