Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 04:13 PM

Re: Is being generous really a kindness?

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
If you don't explain any of the problems these people with mental health issues have & why they are having trouble getting money, how do you expect us to understand?

Remember many terrorist claim to have mental health problems when caught!

I don't know anybody who gets Universal credit, so I have no idea what it is, or why they get it. I was just saying that there must be ways of getting help if you don't have a phone. If not and you are so concerned, why don't you help them?
....and you accused me of being rude !!
I wonder why you keep posting about things which you know nothing about such as here , UC ?
Swimfeeders does know what he’s talking about on the other hand .

People with mental health problems ? Why would you try to make us think you’d be able you understand if only we would explain ?
Then you fetch terrorists into it !
I give up !!
It really is no use even trying to explain to you about the difficulties on those with mental health problems getting money but swimfeeders might have more patience .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
....and you accused me of being rude !!
I wonder why you keep posting about things which you know nothing about such as here , UC ?
Swimfeeders does know what he’s talking about on the other hand .

People with mental health problems ? Why would you try to make us think you’d be able you understand if only we would explain ?
Then you fetch terrorists into it !
I give up !!
It really is no use even trying to explain to you about the difficulties on those with mental health problems getting money but swimfeeders might have more patience .
I am not going to reply to that Zulieka as I have no intention of arguing with somebody who goes out of her way to start an argument with me. For that reason I am going to put you on ignore!
I will only discuss things with those who can accept that others may have a different point of view!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 10:13 PM

It's not nice when you have to be cruel to be kind, a great feeling when it helps to get someone back on track.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
It's not nice when you have to be cruel to be kind, a great feeling when it helps to get someone back on track.

The lunatic is on the grass
The lunatic is on the grass
Remembering games and daisy chains and laughs
Got to keep the loonies on the path…
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 10:35 PM

Pass this info to Swimfeeders then, it was him that complained they can't afford the phone calls, yet you are now telling me they can use freephone numbers!

Btw The benefits office that covers my area are usually very helpful... or so I have been told by people who need help from them! I do know a little about benefit claims, my sister has worked in that field for many years!

If you don't explain any of the problems these people with mental health issues have & why they are having trouble getting money, how do you expect us to understand?

Remember many terrorist claim to have mental health problems when caught!

I don't know anybody who gets Universal credit, so I have no idea what it is, or why they get it.
I was just saying that there must be ways of getting help if you don't have a phone. If not and you are so concerned, why don't you help them?
Erm with respect Twink, it must be a little. Here you go:

From the Universal Credit Website at Gov.UK

What Universal Credit is:

Universal Credit is a payment to help with your living costs. It’s paid monthly - or twice a month for some people in Scotland.

You may be able to get it if you’re on a low income, out of work or you cannot work.

If you already get other benefits
Universal Credit is replacing the following benefits:

Child Tax Credit
Housing Benefit
Income Support
income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
Working Tax Credit
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Erm with respect Twink, it must be a little. Here you go:

From the Universal Credit Website at Gov.UK

What Universal Credit is:

Universal Credit is a payment to help with your living costs. It’s paid monthly - or twice a month for some people in Scotland.

You may be able to get it if you’re on a low income, out of work or you cannot work.

If you already get other benefits
Universal Credit is replacing the following benefits:

Child Tax Credit
Housing Benefit
Income Support
income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
Working Tax Credit
Thank you for the details Pesta, it is always better when somebody explains , rather than criticises!

I have never had the need to discover a lot about benefits as I have worked all my life and always provided for myself! I call my sister when I know people who need help!

Common sense told me that, if people are in real need there must be another way, other than the telephone, to get advice. If there isn't then surely it would be better to tell your MP, rather than complain on a forum. I usually find that writing to my MP gets acknowledgement & often some means of improving the situation.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
There are different kinds of generosity don't you think, Keezoy?
Being generous financially is not so impressive to me, as someone being generous and giving me their time.

I fully agree about kindness and understanding being a very attractive quality.

I also think most women appreciate a man who can make them laugh.
Humour is essential Mups, but better not have a fit of laughter in the Boudoir!

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top