Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 06:55 PM

If it feels good, do it!

I am at an age now, where "if it feels good", I do it. I like to make myself as happy as possible, considering I am now on a downward slide in my life.

We have to accept old age, and I am just now learning how to do that. I couldn't accept it for the longest time, and I don't even know when I finally did accept it.....but everything is feeling good to me lately...........I wonder why?

Maybe I have lost my mind and I don't realize it yet. Maybe I have alzheimers' like my mom had, and I think the world is just perfect (my little world)

Do you do things in your life that you know will make you happy? Or are you still at the stage where you have to focus on what is necessary in life, and meet obligations?

I don't do anything I don't want to do at the moment. I just do whatever feels good.......
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 07:12 PM

Re: If it feels good, do it!

Bluey, l do everything l can and take advantage of opportunities whilst l am able.
None of us know what is around the corner so l make the most of life now.
Well, that was my theory today as l stood outside Greggs trying to convince myself l mustn’t buy their delicious jam doughnuts. Then l thought YOLO and bought some!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
I am at an age now, where "if it feels good", I do it. I like to make myself as happy as possible, considering I am now on a downward slide in my life.

We have to accept old age, and I am just now learning how to do that. I couldn't accept it for the longest time, and I don't even know when I finally did accept it.....but everything is feeling good to me lately...........I wonder why?

Maybe I have lost my mind and I don't realize it yet. Maybe I have alzheimers' like my mpm had, and I think the world is just perfect (my little world)

Do you do things in your life that you know will make you happy? Or are you still at the stage where you have to focus on what is necessary in life, and meet obligations?

I don't do anything I don't want to do at the moment. I just do whatever feels good.......
My feel good is a long walk with my big, gentle, hairy beast.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 07:26 PM

:I must admit,I'm at an age now,where I have found me,that feels good,I also feel good when I help others!..far better to give than receive,in my opinion.....forgot to mention I ate 3 bars of kit Kat today,felt good at the time,..
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Bluey, l do everything l can and take advantage of opportunities whilst l am able.
None of us know what is around the corner so l make the most of life now.
Well, that was my theory today as l stood outside Greggs trying to convince myself l mustn’t buy their delicious jam doughnuts. Then l thought YOLO and bought some!
Oh goodnes Arty, you bought the doughnuts.....wow, I wish I was there........I like them too.......we have a European place called Denningers, and they have the most delicious Jam Doughnuts......

Yes, I agree, take advantage of whatever we can out of life...live for today because as you say "who knows what is around the next corner"
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

03-11-2018, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I love your beautiful dog Bes. If he was mine, I would also be out walking him every day. I wish I could have a dog like you have but I am afraid of my health....and I wouldn't want to leave him through sickness as he would think I deserted him and that would be so darn sad. I could not do it....
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

03-11-2018, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I can surely tell you LOVE that dog as much as if he is a human. I admire that. I love animals.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 08:26 PM

I'm still at a stage of trying to please others before myself but I am getting better and slowly learning to be a little selfish and do what I want to do. Not there yet but getting there
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

03-11-2018, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
:I must admit,I'm at an age now,where I have found me,that feels good,I also feel good when I help others!..far better to give than receive,in my opinion.....forgot to mention I ate 3 bars of kit Kat today,felt good at the time,..
Hi Pauline.....

What's the idea of sneaking around eating those kit kat bars. They are my favourite, at least you could offer me one....

I know you are the type to give faster than receive. It feels good to "give". I like that also....
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

03-11-2018, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I'm still at a stage of trying to please others before myself but I am getting better and slowly learning to be a little selfish and do what I want to do. Not there yet but getting there
Hey, good on you Lion..........

I used to have a friend who had lovely expensive rings. I would ask her who gave them to her, thinking she has a rich sugar daddy or something, hahaha........she said "if you want something Blue, just go and buy it, don't want for a man to buy it for you......be good to yourself.........when I got finished I think I had at least 25 expensive rings. Now I don't even wear a ring as I don't like my fingers, but I used to buy a new car whenever the urge hit me, hahaha....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top