Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2013, 05:41 AM

Re: Gas Cooker and Chains..

LOL! My gas appliances are due for the annual service on the 9th - I wonder if I am in for a fight then. My cooker is certainly not chained to the wall. It is a 'range' type beastie slotted in between two cupboards and is a swine to move anyway even though it is on rollers. But I would not want it 'fixed' in any way. Imagine the grime if it could not be moved far enough for me to slip behind it to clean!! Nightmare.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2013, 07:07 AM

The chain is long enough to clean behind the cooker LOL

We are not talking just a couple of inches it's a decent length just short of the hose.

You couldn't pull it out further than that with out uncoupling the hose anyway or you would be damaging the hose.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2013, 08:24 AM

Keeping gas cookers chained up sounds like something the Human Rights people ought to be informed about !!

Anyone have their number?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2013, 05:49 PM

Bolting and chaining the cooker to the wall, sounds like they'll nick anything in Perth.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2013, 06:07 PM

And I thought it was the women who were supposed to be chained to the cooker.

I'll get mi coat.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

04-09-2013, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->

I'll get mi coat.
Probably a good idea !
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2013, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Roxy We don't have gas here but I had a new freestanding electric cooker installed this year and I presented the fitters with gliding cups to go on the feet of the cooker to enable me to slide it out with ease when I wish to clean underneath.

The fitters then told me they were supposed to attach the cooker to the wall so I would not be able to move it . Apparently there is some sort of health and safety ruling which says cookers must be attached to the wall to prevent them falling on the user .

I told the fitters I had been moving cookers out to clean behind them for over 50 years and lived to tell the tale

They did as they were told and connected the cooker without attaching it to the wall leaving me to be crushed as requested
Never have I heard such rubbish as a cooker falling over! Maybe a slimline lightweight one would, but regular large cookers will barely move when you want them to let alone when you don't.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2013, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->

I'll get mi coat.
I was tempted to say that, but I enjoy living
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2013, 06:10 PM

Well I'm back in good old Thurso once more I got a guy who fixed the cooker to the wall....cost me £25 quid too But it can be unclipped when needed to be. I asked him what it was all in aid of and he said it was due to some silly sod in an office with nowt better to do than think up daft ideas (his words not mine) It's one of Health and Safety's newer rules. Guy came to do the Boiler, never even glanced at the cooker or the gas fire....sheeeze
AND you can bet he'd have given me a rocket if I'd not had it done..
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2013, 06:14 PM

Roxy, nice to see you

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top