Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 03:14 PM

Re: Brexit fireworks display's!!!

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Not go away by accept the result.

Its remainers that still refuse to accept the result of the referendum that are causing the division in the UK. If you look at how many seats gained by the Conservatives in the general election, would confirm this.
Now is a time as good as any to start using a more appeasing style of posting. Or are you one of those remainers causing division?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Shouldn't that be 48%?
Yep, but 48% of 72% = 35% of those 18 years or older (in 2016).
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->

Theres that Diane Abbott calculator again
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

19-01-2020, 07:51 PM

I got her calculator. You her brain. Which one of us is better of?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 10:27 PM

Ah, the old tactic of including those who couldn't be arsed to vote in with the remain vote.

The vote of 48% remain was a percentage of those who actually could be arsed to vote and even then some only voted when they were told to do by Facebook. The resultant surge from that meant that the voting deadline was extended in the hope that the ranks of the remainers would be swelled by younger voters.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

19-01-2020, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Ah, the old tactic of including those who couldn't be arsed to vote in with the remain vote.
Or with the leave vote. Which makes the leave vote 37% hardly the majority of the country, but in a democracy the majority of votes counts. That's why I think the UK should leave. But it doesn't mean I think it a smart move.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 10:39 PM

Her calculator can be very handy for almost proving a point.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 09:00 AM

Or with the leave vote. Which makes the leave vote 37% hardly the majority of the country, but in a democracy the majority of votes counts. That's why I think the UK should leave. But it doesn't mean I think it a smart move.

I take it nobody has explained to you that its voters who decide the result of referendums ?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

20-01-2020, 03:02 PM

I take it nobody has explained to you that its voters who decide the result of referendums ?
Like I said: in a democracy the majority of votes counts. To me that sounds synonymous with: voters who decide etc. So you agree with me.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

20-01-2020, 04:12 PM

Like I said: in a democracy the majority of votes counts. To me that sounds synonymous with: voters who decide etc. So you agree with me.
No - your counting votes that do not exist.

The majority of votes in the referendum (over 17 million) voted leave. That's twice the number of people that live in your country.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top